18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Wads in Progress

• Hell Yeah!
    • Not at all.
    • I do not know.

Epyo said:

So what's this thread about?

This thread has two objectives in mind.

The first is to see what percentage of people would use Wads in Progress.

The second is to list projects in progress (especially if the authors do not use Wads in Progress).

I don't think I'm going to register until I know that I will release my map. (I have a little map that is my first one ever, so I am not going to upload it).

It is cool though when you play a DOOM level and you get to say "I made it all by myself!"

What is the problem with WIP, because I seem to have lost it and everytime I see a "page not found" problem.

I've got an EDGE weapons mod with a bunch of levels included that I'm working on and will probably never release. There are 19 weapons (one only found in one of the secret levels) and nine levels so far. I am not making the "get a pistol, get dual pistols, get a machinegun, get dual machineguns" mod, it's got nineteen different weapons including a sword, minigun, homing disc launcher, flamethrower, arch-vile spell, and a sawed-off shotgun. There are some new enemies as well.

netnomad312 said:

I know some people who use WIP, but I've never needed it... *shrug*

Considering that you got a whopping 83 visitors in 4.5 months, maybe you should post your stuff on WIP ;)

doomaddict said:

I don't think I'm going to register until I know that I will release my map. (I have a little map that is my first one ever, so I am not going to upload it).

It is cool though when you play a DOOM level and you get to say "I made it all by myself!"

Yes but the point is that you put up maps that are in progress. Who cares if you're going to release it or not? It's a venue for in-progress maps to be checked out and talked about and stuff.

A have a site (which I really need to update), but I still put my wads on Wads In Progress to get people's opinion on how it looks before it's completed. People are less likely to look at the section I have set up for in-progress wads on my site. :P

One project that probably isn't too well known, but looks interesting, is Kama Sutra. And no, I've no idea why they're calling it that either.

boris said:

Considering that you got a whopping 83 visitors in 4.5 months, maybe you should post your stuff on WIP ;)

Heh, probably half of the hits are from my clan members, I would sometimes put that link when I wanted to send someone to one of my wads. :P

Heh, i started on a map earler cause i was on the downstairs, old computer which has wadauthor, legacy and the doom2 iwad, and thats it really heh, the map is actually quite good, though all it has so far is a small building with a yard, a little outside area and a river...

Heh i use WIP already, even though people don't know me much. I just like that fact that people can suggest things for you to do or improve on.

I put a few shots of my project in WIP, although I'm not too fond of the three-pic limit.

Wow, what an idea. I've now signed up, but nothing in progress. I guess when I get my box up and running again, I'll have to start work on something. I was half tempted to put a teaser entry in there for something, but the fate of my computer hangs in the balance first :D

SerapphiMarbleManX said:

I'm currnetly working on a WAD, but all I have is WinTex, so I can't do much but edit things. I also want to know what is WIP? Sadly, I've never heard of it.

Wads In Progress, link to the site is in the first post!

I got a wad coming up. But I'll just put it out, when it's done. But hell, if I reconsider, I'll throw it on there.

WIP is good for "advertising" since quite a few people drop by there everyday, but from what I've seen, you had might as well create your own website and advertise it HERE on the forums.

Or if you dont have a website creator (FP 2003 is the shiz), you can just create an account on WIP, post your wad, and post a direct link to it on these forums.

:)

So would I use WIP? Sure.