Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
james

Doom 10 Year Anniversay Ed @ Wal-Mart

does the doom 10 year pack have better gfx?

like, all these source ports are a TON better than the original doom II in terms of graphics and speed.

So, are the graphics better?

I don't know what this pack is, but I doubt it will have better graphics. With modern source-ports, you can play DOOM at higher resolutions, but the graphics stay the same.

If you want better graphics, you don't want that 10-year anniversary pack, but something like jDOOM.

I say DOOM doesn't need good graphics, so ZDOOM is my port of choice.

well, it's $10 and just came out... with the 3 games final doom, ult. doom, and doom II...

yeah source ports are good... but i have to use doom connector to play them with just me playing...

Is there a port that i can just launch an exe file on my computer?

also, is there a port that allows me to save my games like in the normal Doom II?

Did you know that to make a fax you can hold the paper up to the monitor and then connect to the internet and it will send it? its true you know.LOSER TIME

You only need to use doom connector if you want to play against other people. JDoom has a launcher as well as some other ports, and all ports have an executable you can just run.

Does the 10th anniversary package include anything special such as a poster or maybe the original manuals?

a good doom site would cover this stuff...

it coems with doom3 promos and stuff...

i'm heading down to buy it... even though i have it all from dos days on floppy...

I still have DOOM II floppies with the box and manual MINT condition, as well as a another set of the disks just because.

I also have the Win95 specific Ultimate DOOM and the DOS version, too, both with boxes and manuals.

However - my crown prize is the original DOOM disks, with box and manual. Disk 1 is corrupted now though. :( Very sad.

This is old hat. I've mentioned it a while back.

Please use this forum for specific questions and answers, not chit-chat. Thanks.

Well - I have some questions.

Is this the little black case with the three games in it?

If it is, tell about it so I can decide if I want to buy it for the collection.

james said:

a good doom site would cover this stuff...

it coems with doom3 promos and stuff...

i'm heading down to buy it... even though i have it all from dos days on floppy...

I have as of yet to see wal-fart or any other game carrying joint to have this jobby and it's been mentioned before on these forums like a Month or more ago.

It wont have better graphics, but that is when you use ports.

Here are my 2 favorites:

ZDOOM - zdoom.org - Port that allows for the highest frame rate. Awesome smoothe gameplay, my favorite port out of all. The one I use all of the time. The downsides? No graphical improvements besides the fact that you can take the resolution to whatever you want it to be - although this doesnt really change graphical quality that much.

JDOOM - doomsdayhq.com - Port that doesnt have the smoothe gameplay you receive from ZDOOM, but that has lots of fancy effects to make it feel like a modern-day game. These effects include GLOWING lights and fireballs (imp fireballs, etc.) and 3D graphics if you download the 3d models pack. (dont worry, the models pack isnt hard to install).

Try these 2 ports - they wont let you down!

Doom Dude said:

I have as of yet to see wal-fart or any other game carrying joint to have this jobby and it's been mentioned before on these forums like a Month or more ago.

Try the regular Wal-Mart. The Supercenter I go to doesn't carry it (although it sucks,) but I found it at the regular one.

Amaster said:

Does the 10th anniversary package include anything special such as a poster or maybe the original manuals?

You get a cd with Ultimate Doom, Doom2 and final Doom and Doom95 to run it. There are no paper manuals or posters.

The second CD contains photos and wallpapers you probably already have. Some amazingly brief interviews and the video trailer. The interviews are really naff, I bet Carmack and Nielson can talk for hours but they just get cut off.

Two things of note --

The interviews are part of a video called DOOM III: The Legacy, which was released quite a long time ago on the internet. You can download it for free if you just search for it.

Also, it appears that the doom3.com site (which now is up), is a direct port of the collector's cd.