Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asmodeus

Box and CD photo from planetdoom.

That's either a really good hoax or somebody robbed Carmack at gun point. Or maybe it's actually finished.

BlackFish said:

How does a small dvd case hold that many cds?

You can get DVD cases that hold 6 DVD. They just flip out.

BlackFish said:

How does a small dvd case hold that many cds?

Why would it come in a dvd box if it's 4 cds? I guess this seems like a stupid question, but that's the only part that doesn't seem legit. Far Cry came on DVD and it still came in the normal PC box...

Scabbed Angel said:

Why would it come in a dvd box if it's 4 cds? I guess this seems like a stupid question, but that's the only part that doesn't seem legit. Far Cry came on DVD and it still came in the normal PC box...

Far cry came in a DVD case over here in the UK.

Also, why increase the distribution costs by going back to boxes and CD cases when theres plenty of DVD cases out there to be used. haha.

[QUOTE]Scabbed Angel said:
[B]Why would it come in a dvd box if it's 4 cds?

there is 6 cd's there and yeah i never saw cd's come in a dvd case either

I'd also like to point out that the label art on each CD is exactly the same. In my experience, multi-cd games usually have something at least a little different on each label.

i posted that in the scan page. it is fake. they will not ship CD's in a DVD case.

we would do shit like that where my mother works. make a DVD case and give it to someone as a joke. she did that as a birthday gag one year. gave me a box that said some wierd christian shit on it, like a bible study guide for a computer. instead it was a bunch of half-life, UT, quake3, quake 2, quake, doom stuff on a few CD's that people at work compiled.

Sephiroth said:

they will not ship CD's in a DVD case.

Nearly every PC CD-ROM game released in the UK comes in a 'DVD' case now. I don't see why other countries shouldnt start shipping games like this, it's far more economical on shelf space, for the consumer and for the retailer.

AirRaid said:

I don't see why other countries shouldnt start shipping games like this, it's far more economical on shelf space, for the consumer and for the retailer.

Heh, Americans don't give a shit about any of that. =P

Notice the bottom of the DVD case as well, see how it's reflective of the desk? Since when is black plastic reflective? This would indicate that the dvd case is still in it's plastic wrap, unopened, so how the hell did they get the cd's out then? Exactly.

AirRaid said:

Nearly every PC CD-ROM game released in the UK comes in a 'DVD' case now. I don't see why other countries shouldnt start shipping games like this, it's far more economical on shelf space, for the consumer and for the retailer.

Please excuse the ignorance of american's, but they just can't help themselves.

I agree though, they should start coming in dvd cases. I'd rather have it in them than jewel cases or for that matter cd sleeves

the only multi cd game i have is cod. It is 2 cd's and they are exactly the same.(except one says cd one and the other cd two) i guess you are right gatewatcher i have 2 pc games that take up 1 section of a shelf and im not going to throw the boxes away so you could say i dont give a shit either

Alientank said:

Notice the bottom of the DVD case as well, see how it's reflective of the desk? Since when is black plastic reflective? This would indicate that the dvd case is still in it's plastic wrap, unopened, so how the hell did they get the cd's out then? Exactly.

have you ever seen a dvd case? they have a clear sheet over the front and back of the box

corey said:

have you ever seen a dvd case? they have a clear sheet over the front and back of the box

Apparently you haven't because the very bottom of a dvd case that is plastic, doesn't have any clear sheet over it. How the hell would it open and close if the area where it opens and closes has a plastic sheet across it. The plastic cover on dvd cases goes around the spine of the dvd case, not across the bottom or front opening.

i misraed your post alien. i dont really know how cd's could come out of a sealed case. its obviously bullshit like the other scan bc that person would have to have 2 copies of the game if the case is sealed and since no one here even has one its just an asshole that is taking advantage of id not making any statements about the game and knows idiots like us will be like holy shit.

i guess this has been cleared up by the other thread so thats the end of this one

This is really really low from Planetdoom's side. They can try to explain that it was never intended to create a big fuss as much as they like. This was obviously an attempt to create a big fuss. They could've easily have stopped it in the forums or posted the picture with a "fake" sticker. Who the hell checks if it is in the fanart section anyway? What a lame excuse. I certainly lost a lot of respect for that site now. Sad.

Cyric said on the PD Forums:
Perhaps an apology to the readers of planetDOOM is in order. If you do feel as though you were tricked in any way then I apologize, but I can’t understand how a simple PotD, which was never stated as being real in anyway, made it’s way all over the net to so many various gaming sites in a short time span with additional info that seemed to come from no where.

Well maybe he shouldn't be running a large Doom3 site then!?
But no. I don't buy it.

Yeah, I totally agree with you, shav. There's hardly anything on their page that explains the picture's purpose. The caption below it doesn’t clear anything up, and doesn't outright say it's fake, but that's all irrelevant because the only thing floating around now is the large image with only a watermark on it. Embarrassing. They can downplay it all they want, but it was just irresponsible of them.

In the noble words of IMJack, "Drama. Fucking Drama."

Planet Doom just wanted to compete with the greatness that is Doomworld so they decided the best way was to fabricate bullshit.

POTGIESSER said:

Planet Doom just wanted to compete with the greatness that is Doomworld so they decided the best way was to fabricate bullshit.

heh, asskisser.

Melfice said:

heh, asskisser.

Not really. Just look at the entire Gamespy network. It's a fucking joke. It's saturated with advertisements, and their forums are a complete load of shit. "fuck u n006!" "n0 fuck u n006!" "1 0wnz you @nd all 7 of y0ur m0mma5!" Give me a fuckin break. Or how about planet dooms editorial with Squishy the alcoholic cacodemon? Don't tell me you'd love to stare at that shit all day long?

I like how you generalise "the Gamespy network" right there. You do realise that each "planet" site is run by completely seperate people, each from their own communities right? Very few of the sites (planetquake, and the console sites etc) are run by "Gamespy Staff". Most of them are decent sites, run by decent people, yet they get shit on for "selling out" to gamespy. Why wouldn't they? I have a hosted site under planettonyhawk, and it's a pretty sweet deal. You can scream fileplanet sucks all you like, but the hosted site server rarely have wait times, so that's no argument in this case. And advertisements... THE INTERNET is saturated with advertisements. Get used to it.

I will admit that forumplanet is often a seething pit of vermin, but that's not their fault. They can't completely control what retards post on their forums, and neither can DW. Hence we have the need for the losers forum and Post Hell. I know forumplanet's code is buggy as hell too, but meh. It does OK considering the massive traffic it gets.

I hate people who go off on one saying "GAMESPY SUX LOLLZZ" because a few retards on an entirely fan-run site.

</rant>

Also.

Alientank said:

No, it would not indicate it was still in the wrap. Ever heard of a flash on a camera? Light from flash bounces off shiny parts of veneer on desk, angles off desk onto new, shiny black plastic of DVD case, some light gets reflected back up into camera lens. Sure black plastic is reflective. If it wasn't, we would only ever see a complete black void with no highlights at all there.

(I'm not trying to prove this picture is real anymore, I'm just out to prove other people wrong ;P)

At first glance: oh, my balls.
Upon closer examination: why is CD3, at the bottom, so much bigger than CD4 at the top? The CDs seem to be shrinking, or am I dumbass with no sence of perspective?