Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RESOL

Would you see it?

I very Rarely see movies on opening day and would want to hear the reviews from some different people.

The last thing I heard about a Doom movie was when this guy came here with some "info". I think it was Darewolf or something. It was a rumor in text to a Final Fantasy photo. They did close the project several years ago.

I'd see it probably within the week if one ever came out, which I don't think is going to happen at this point. Maybe after Doom 3 they will, who knows.

They did close the project several years ago.

Several years? First time I heard about was in an article in OPM back in 1998. The article was called "From Bytes to Box-Office". Here's the order as much as I can remember it:

1. Tomb Raider
2. Resident Evil
3. Doom
4. Duke Nukem
5. Wing Commander
6. Command and Conquer

Note these are not the orders of release, just the order in which they mentioned them. As we all know, only Tomb Raider and Wing Commander have been made so far. Oh, and on a side note, the Tomb Raider section didn't have Angelina Jolie as even a possible candidate for Lara Croft. You'll laugh when you see a few of the ones I remembered that did make the list: Liz Hurley, Ashley Judd, Jennifer Lopez (last I heard, Lara had tits, not ass, heh.)

For prouduction on Doom, it said that Columbia-TriStar would make it, the budget was already set, and release date had been planned. All that were missing were actors/actresses and a script. The release date said "Mid 2000", but of it's 2001 now and the idea has been nothing more than a rumor since.

In either case, I'd see it if there ever was one, just for the sake of being a DOOMer.

I'd probably go see it, but whether how good it is would determine if I end up renting/buying it...knowing Hollywood, they'd probably fuck it up bad like Mario Bros., the only somewhat decent video game turned movie is Mortal Kombat NOT THE GAY ASSED SEQUEL EITHER, I have not yet seen Tomb Raider so I don't know how good it is.

i hope to god they never make a doom movie, they would screw it all up and it would suck. hollywood can not be trusted...not with doom.

All that were missing were actors/actresses and a script.

You know its going to be a bad movie when they have the concept, the company thats making it, and the rlease date down before a plot is even thought of.

i hope to god they never make a doom movie, they would screw it all up and it would suck. hollywood can not be trusted...not with doom.

Yes, Mario Bros. sucked ass, but that's because it had nothing to do with the game at all. DINOSAURS????? MARIO BROS. HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EVOLUTION AND PARALLEL DIMENSIONS!!!!! IT WAS ABOUT THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM AND WHATNOT!!!!!

About Hollywood messing up VG movies: well, VG movies are just starting to become popular. I read anohter article in EGM one year that it looked like Hollywood was improving on VG based movies. To quote the article as best as I can remember:

But now that' Tomb Raider is coming out soon, with a possible Doom and Duke Nukem in the making, these video game movies might (gasp!), actually be worth the 8 dollar admission!

As for making the Doom movie, my views are that, with a little script tweaking here and there, it should be based mostly on the first novel, the the sequel(s) afterwards should be completely different, but still make for a good movie series.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I expect to be a little cheesy in some parts, and I sure as hell don't expect it to win an Oscar of ANY kind. It still might be entertaining, though. I'd get it on video/DVD when it comes out, if at all.

Hmmm...I just thought of something...they shouldn't put lots of money into cheesy movies. If your're going to make a cheesy movie, don't spend millions. Think about it...Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, and all those movies you see on MST3K are cheesy, but its really fun to make fun of them for their cheesyness because they were low budget. With high-buget movies, they mask all the cheesy scenes with special effects. Some of these movies, like Commando, were actualt easy to make fun of, but otherwise, its too annoying to sit through crappy special effects.

Anywaste, at all costs stay away from a movie called Manos: Hands of Fate, made by a manure farmer in the midwest. It is so horrible that three of the cast members commited suicide because they couldn't face the embarrassment of their movie being seen. I saw the first ten minutes on MST3K, and still my head was about to implode.
If you really feel like beating yourself up, though...search for it on Google.

Final Fantasy was actually kind of interesting, despite the fact that IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FINAL FANTASY WHATSOEVER. Of course, none of the games did either.

A DooM movie? Lemme see my schedule :

# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings

Nah, I wouldn't.

# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings

Nah, I wouldn't.

Hey, you just stole my scheldule. I hope that movie doesn't suck as much as the cartoon version.

# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings
# Lord of the Rings

Nah, I wouldn't.

Heh, I feel sorry for any poor sap who sees the movie before he reads the book. I read the fellowship some odd 4 years ago in 4th grade, so I'm gonna review that one and polish off the rest of the series in a week as soon as I finish with The Scarlet Letter.

Final Fantasy was actually kind of interesting, despite the fact that IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FINAL FANTASY WHATSOEVER. Of course, none of the games did either.

I don't get it...all Final Fantasy's are inerconnected (except the story and characters) Bahamut, The Dragon King IS IN EVERY FUCKING GAME, does the word Mythril ring a bell? how about the spell Fire? [sarcasm]nope none of these have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with any Final Fucking Fantasy game!!!![/sarcasm]

Oh and Liam...you're reading the Scarlet Letter in 8th grade? wow...I'm a junior and we just got done with that book...

Oh and Liam...you're reading the Scarlet Letter in 8th grade? wow...I'm a junior and we just got done with that book...

Yep, for my own leisure, mostly. Funny enough, I hear a silly rumor that we might read that book in my reading/writing class.

I think I read the scarlet letter either next year (10th grade) or as a junior...

Heh, I feel sorry for any poor sap who sees the movie before he reads the book. I read the fellowship some odd 4 years ago in 4th grade, so I'm gonna review that one and polish off the rest of the series in a week as soon as I finish with The Scarlet Letter.

I've been reading Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit it repeatedly since 2nd grade, not to mention an attamt or two on the Silmarilion.

I don't get it...all Final Fantasy's are inerconnected (except the story and characters) Bahamut, The Dragon King IS IN EVERY FUCKING GAME, does the word Mythril ring a bell? how about the spell Fire? [sarcasm]nope none of these have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with any Final Fucking Fantasy game!!!![/sarcasm]

Yeah, depite the fact that they all have Chocobos, Black and White mages, an inventor named Cid, and those god-espers like Bahamut, Ramu, and Ifrit, they have little to do with each other. They aren't on the same world...the map is completely different from game to game. Plus the magic system and class system (sometimes one in the same) changes completely from game to game.
FF1 - Practically D&D-like with no special abilities. Spells had to be purchased - only 3 per level per character.
FF4 - Each character had his or her own special abilities. Spells were either gained or not on a character-to-character basis.
FF5 - Changable classes with learnable skills. Spells came with certain classes and could be used later with another class. They also had to be purchased.
FF6 - Each character had a special ability. Spells are learned from Espers.
Plus, none of them have any mythos that links them really.
So basically, the FF series seems like a bunch of remakes with different plots.

J.R.R Tolkien's novels rock. The Hobbit was good, The Fellowship of the Rings was even better, and let us not forget the Twin Towers.
Yes, I just might see that movie based on these books.

I've been reading Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit it repeatedly since 2nd grade, not to mention an attamt or two on the Silmarilion.

Hmm... IIRC, I first finished the Hobbit in either 2cd or 3rd. After that I kind of forgot the rest of the series for a while, I didn't really like reading. About a year ago, I realized that books were more worth my time than any video game or sport, including doom and football.

Yeah, depite the fact that they all have Chocobos, Black and White mages, an inventor named Cid, and those god-espers like Bahamut, Ramu, and Ifrit, they have little to do with each other. They aren't on the same world...the map is completely different from game to game. Plus the magic system and class system (sometimes one in the same) changes completely from game to game.
FF1 - Practically D&D-like with no special abilities. Spells had to be purchased - only 3 per level per character.
FF4 - Each character had his or her own special abilities. Spells were either gained or not on a character-to-character basis.
FF5 - Changable classes with learnable skills. Spells came with certain classes and could be used later with another class. They also had to be purchased.
FF6 - Each character had a special ability. Spells are learned from Espers.
Plus, none of them have any mythos that links them really.
So basically, the FF series seems like a bunch of remakes with different plots.

I'm not going to bore you with it here, but Final Fantasy is one series of games that I have "studied" the evolution of. To tell the truth... magic, Behamut, and the Air Ship are the signature characters that appear in every FF game. If anybody is actually interrested, E-mail me and I can provide more information.

About The Scarlet Letter, I just finished reading it. Let's just say it will now be one of my favorite books of all time.

Doomer4life, mithril wasn't in, to my knowledge, the first 3 FF games (the three on the NES), and didn't come into play until the 4th. And no, they aren't all interconnected as sequels should be. Only the first 6 are...and 6 of 10 ain't bad, BUT...well, 'nuff said. yeah, 6 had nothing at all to do with 7. I know because I have both games. The only similarities are mithril and chocobos. Wow, that's a REAL sequel, isn't it? And geez...Mithril, Excalibur, Thor's Hammer...man did they ever rip from literature...Mithril's from Lord of the Rings, which after reading the books, I'm quite deterred from seeing the movies...Maybe I should have read it BEFORE I delved into Song of Fire and Ice...

I'd probably go see it, but whether how good it is would determine if I end up renting/buying it...knowing Hollywood, they'd probably fuck it up bad like Mario Bros., the only somewhat decent video game turned movie is Mortal Kombat NOT THE GAY ASSED SEQUEL EITHER, I have not yet seen Tomb Raider so I don't know how good it is.

"somewhat"?! Why are you people so hard on things?