Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Godshatter

joke wads anyone?

kaiser_6.wad is an awful attempt, but enjoyable if you understand whats going on.

If I can recommend anything it's Mock2, but I hate joke wads. They were good but now there are joke wads being created every weak.

doom 3: Mr. smiley head's safari has some really good game play, despite its sprites replacement.

LINK REMOVED

its doom 1 though, its really old ... there was a post about a planned sequel on the boards a while back, does anyone have info?

deldelda said:

doom 3: Mr. smiley head's safari has some really good game play, despite its sprites replacement.

*REMOVED*

its doom 1 though, its really old ... there was a post about a planned sequel on the boards a while back, does anyone have info?

Uhm, linking to that is bad bad on doomworld forums. Because it is use doom's iwad as base.

And basicly if you take a random search in the early idgames archive (94-95), you will end up with the same result.

what's s bad about using an iwad for a base? If you're using zdoom, you HAVE TO use an iwad for a base (it even makes you choose)!

and what do you mean when you say

"And basicly if you take a random search in the early idgames archive (94-95), you will end up with the same result."

Does that mean it was in an /oldstuff (/newstuff?) number 94-95? Because I ran a search on the words "Doom safari" and turned up nothing.

deldelda said:
what's s bad about using an iwad for a base? If you're using zdoom, you HAVE TO use an iwad for a base (it even makes you choose)!

That's not what he's talking about. You always load an IWAD, otherwise the game won't run. "Using an IWAD as a base" is releasing a modification of an IWAD, which in itself replaces one of the IWADs. You wouldn't need any of id's IWADs to play an illegal modification of this sort.

oh i'm forgetting the difference between iwads and pwads again :D

thanks for reminding me ;)

Mock2 is THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!11

And I would also mention SHiTWADS and Lost Soulsphere: Gold Edition, but they've already been said. At least some people here like them. :P

Its not really a jokewad, just seems like one, and it was made by me, so i'm self-promoting, but try out bughunt.wad for a few seconds of roffles, when you see the horrible MSPaint sprites

Grazza said:

After dwf3, anything would be an anti-climax. Even the ShadowRunner saga.

Clearly you haven't been to the Zdoom forums. That would be the perfect setting for a dwf4. :P