Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chubzdoomer

Scan likely not true........... (PROOF)

This is your proof:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/09/news_6102300.html

A part of this article pretty much sums it up that there is a possible chance that this is false....and by possible chance, im talking a big chance.

Not only has Id not confirmed this, but when they contacted Activision to see if it was true, they "would neither confirm nor deny the scan's authenticity, but did say authoritatively that 'id Software has made no announcement that Doom 3 has gone gold.' Twice."

So should we get our hopes up high for a soon release?

Not just yet.

Weve still goto wait people - here we go again.

*shit.........*

Well, thanks for ruining our hopes......ASSHOLE! Just kidding. If I can wait 4 years I can wait another 4....Ok, maybe not.

Skeletor said:

Well, thanks for ruining our hopes......ASSHOLE! Just kidding. If I can wait 4 years I can wait another 4....Ok, maybe not.

lol, I know what you mean man.

Ive just been waiting for so long..........I JUST WANT MY GODDAMNED GAME! :)

BlackFish said:

I still think it's august 3rd.

Yeah me too.

August 3rd seems like a really reliable date, considering Activision wouldnt confirm it, but at the same time, they wouldnt deny it either - August 3rd.....probably.

well.... maybe not.

the scan may be true, but if you look there is no date. they often have these things already made, just without a date on it. they could have made that thinga year ago. only leaveing the mag graphics on it out. i deal with them all the time. usally it is from a company about a display. has what items should be included with the 'fetured' sku. also instructions for setting up the display.

infact most of the ones dont have release dates. i know i built one for a new DVD player. however we havent recieved the player yet.

it funny when they jump ship and someone sends a display out early. only to either have the project delayed or recalled.

example was X-Box, we got the X-box display 6 months before the system came out. ironicly they set the same display the day they shipped us the X-boxes. so we still have that extra in the warehouse. why someone scaned this... i dout know. it would not hint that a game is done

yes we have halo 2 and duke 4 displays, though these where for pre-orders. i am surprised we dont have a HL2 display

heh, god i really am tired.

i am sure the game is done, and has been done all summer.

on a more comic note the is a company called UAC.
http://www.uac.co.nz/

ok there are really many companies called UAC, that happens to be one of them
but have a look at this
http://www.planetdoom.com/potd/index.asp?id=468442

i would think some one would take that as a hint that it is done... by the way i belevie that one is fake

I must've have missed something... Where did this picture originate from? Who posted it? Where did the guy get it?

i cant belive people fell for that... jesus. i could tell it was fake from the get go. the guy should have made a real game box or a DVD of the game.

no way in hell can you put 6 cd's in a DVD case like that!

i bet i could do a better prank. have to go to my mom's work place for that though

It's most likely not a fake as people have said. But neither is it proof that Doom3 is going to be out in the next 5 minutes/days/weeks.

Right - it is likely the real deal, but still prepared in advance for the moment when it will actually be true.

mje said:

Right - it is likely the real deal, but still prepared in advance for the moment when it will actually be true.

stuff like that is prepared usally long before release. they have to get it out to stores and retail locations. all over the US, canada and other english speaking coutries that doom is not banned in.

they do this to avoid rush, and to make sure everyone has it before the release. it's not like they suddenly release a game, movie or program the exact moment it goes gold. they first build up a stock pile, send it out. usally announcing planned release durring this time.

at work we will get games, software and movie sometimes a full month before the release. however usally we get them about a week or 2 before. we had lord of the rings, Xmen 2, and others all ready 2 weeks before the release. all we did is just take it out the morning of the release.

usally we get the displays and signs long before the actual product.

Sephiroth said:

Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic comes with 4 CDs and a 76 page manual in a DVD case. Reduce the manual to 38 pages or less and there's plenty of room for more CDS.

Sephiroth said:

Here.

The top of the 6th disc comes to roughly halfway up the thickness of the case (which, you may notice, is Battlefield 1942.. a PC CDROM game in a DVD case.. but I digress). There is ample room to fit the necessary foldout thingummybobs inside to house the discs in the case, if they are designed correctly. Argument closed, jeez.

All dvd special editions that have 2-3 cds are usually very tightly packed, since of the extra plastic crap needed to not let the cd's fly all over.

I'd agree that 6 cd's in a normal-sized dvd case is heinous.

Good photoshop in any case, though. If it even is, I mean could just be some fancy label/printer work, shrug.

NiGHTMARE said:

Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic comes with 4 CDs and a 76 page manual in a DVD case. Reduce the manual to 38 pages or less and there's plenty of room for more CDS.

not a standard DVD case. which is about 1cm in thickness. 4 CD's yes at most, with no book. the most a 'standard' DVD case holds is 2. with a flip insert. now cases do have different sizes.

i am talking about the case showed in the fake picture, looks to be a standard DVD case
http://www.gordoncross.com/import_dvd_case.htm
the link shows a typical 'standard' DVD case. try fitting 6 CD's in one! i could find no way for it to work well. then add a book.
http://www.dvd-and-media.com/dvd-cases.htm
even more types of cases. you cant fit 6CD's in 14mm space very well and give each CD the protection it needs.

however i have seen monster cases that hold up to 10 DVD's. however that is for starage. the most i have seen in a movie is 6. X-Men had 4. i wonder how many the whole LOTR trilligy will have?

The Starwars: KotoR case is a standard DVD case. No taller, no wider, no thicker. As I already mentioned, it has 4 CDS and a 76 page manual.

Seriously, compared the thickness of a CD and a standard DVD case. I think you'll find the former is something like 1/10th of the latter.

EDIT: BTW I also have the 4 CD Unreal collection (Unreal, Return to Napali and the 2 CD Unreal Tournament). There are many, many games which have 3 CDs and come in a standard case, such as Morrowind, the Fallout collection, etc.

EDIT 2: that top link looks very much like a slim sized DVD case, not a standard sized one.

NiGHTMARE said:

The Starwars: KotoR case is a standard DVD case. No taller, no wider, no thicker. As I already mentioned, it has 4 CDS and a 76 page manual.

Seriously, compared the thickness of a CD and a standard DVD case. I think you'll find the former is something like 1/10th of the latter.

Really?

The copy I purchased about 2 months ago is just in a normal CD case like you would find on FarCry or Battlefield Vietnam or any other game out today...

Yes, here's the DVD case cover to prove it:

BTW I don't know what country you're in, but here in Britain (and, I believe, the USA) the vast majority of modern games come out in DVD cases. Far Cry was certainly released in a DVD case here, and Battlefield Vietname probably was as well, though I'm not 100% sure.

NiGHTMARE said:

Yes, here's the DVD case cover to prove it:

BTW I don't know what country you're in, but here in Britain (and, I believe, the USA) the vast majority of modern games come out in DVD cases. Far Cry was certainly released in a DVD case here, and Battlefield Vietname probably was as well, though I'm not 100% sure.

OH, no wonder.

Here in the USA our games come out in just CD cases, not DVD-like cases.

And yes, even FarCry is in a CD case, because I have the game! :)

BlackFish said:

I still think it's august 3rd.

I agree. The gamespot thing is really what pushes it over the top for me, not really the scan (though it is integral, lol). I'll ask this at the risk of being an idiot: why aren't there any Activision or ID logos/copyright info on the scan? Would they wait till a farther point in development to add that?