Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Cybernetics -- cool

I think they could benefit from having a rocket launcher grafted to their arm.

Harnessing those signals could allow people to control devices such as computers, robotic arms or cars

Yeah, think of all the evil things we could do with some robotic arms...

SEE SPIDERMAN 2 FOR MORE DETAILS, BIATCH!

cool, soon we will have an army of super soldiers. or super monkeys, either way it will be so damn sweet

Another classic Sephiroth quote. :P

Anyway, I saw this already (off of Fark?). Pretty amazing stuff.

MaximusNukeage said:

the government is gonna be reading my mind

small book, big letters, pictures of a dog called Spot and a chewproof cover.

Science is getting pretty scary. First microsoft patents a method for making human skin and now brainwaves can control machines?

I wonder if JC can implement any of this into Doom 4?

-E

Endureth said:

I wonder if JC can implement any of this into Doom 4?

-E

heh

Endureth said:

...and now brainwaves can control machines?

Brainwaves have been able to control machines for a long time now.

Science is getting pretty scary.

OMG, No hunger, No disease, Living till you're 500, Colonising other planets, Computers that dont crash every 5 minutes...terrifying, i bet the christians are building thier bunkers already

deathbringer said:

i bet the christians are building thier bunkers already

??

This shit isn't that new. ////it is actually really easy how they do it and no it can't read your mind.

Goliath said:

it is actually really easy how they do it and no it can't read your mind.

yet?

-E

mje said:

??

Well they usually have someone from a christian 'charity' (they should look up the meaning in a dictionary one day) complaining and whining about 'going against god's will' whenever a new scientific breakthrough is made, like stem-cell research, artificial insemination, GM food ect..im sure they are just as terrified of cybernetics, and the ultimate evil, nanotechnology, which could cure wonderful diseases like AIDS in minutes

deathbringer said:

Well they usually have someone from a christian 'charity' (they should look up the meaning in a dictionary one day) complaining and whining about 'going against god's will' whenever a new scientific breakthrough is made, like stem-cell research, artificial insemination, GM food ect..im sure they are just as terrified of cybernetics, and the ultimate evil, nanotechnology, which could cure wonderful diseases like AIDS in minutes

People like that irriate me. Im christian myself and I don't see how any of it is against 'gods will' - He gave us the ability to do it. It's the sideeffects of this technology thats the problem - people who use this to harm others.

Out of those that you list, it's the gm food nuts that annoys me the most - if it doesn't hurt/kill me and it tastes good, I'll eat it :D

deathbringer said:

OMG, No hunger, No disease, Living till you're 500, Colonising other planets, Computers that dont crash every 5 minutes...terrifying, i bet the christians are building thier bunkers already

ok, you fucking robot...but, i'd rather live a "normal" life as a human creature on this planet. And eventualy die. Who the FUCK would want to live for 500 years? And no hunger?

You don't enjoy eating?

deathbringer said:

If only they'd use their brains. Science is the understanding and utilization of God's creation. If somebody invents tv or the internet - hooray for God's design that allowed such customization.

What a closed minded view such people see it as.

mje said:

If only they'd use their brains. Science is the understanding and utilization of God's creation. If somebody invents tv or the internet - hooray for God's design that allowed such customization.

What a closed minded view such people see it as.

Exactly my sentiment.

If people were willing to have cyber brain implants then we would have to consider what would if one them made someone snap. Wouldn't they be under the influcence of a computer? They would no longer need to use the lesser used parts of the brain and would become far more inteleigent then any human (and could spell much better). Depending on how much they had and if the implants are based on moble nano tech, a human could be taken over in seconds if the chips and implants were to malfunction. As the nano chips learned how humans worked they could become more like us if they wanted to. The reason why this hasn't happed and probably won't is machines and nano chips don't have feelings like humans do. We can work computers endlessy and they won't complain.

MaximusNukeage said:

CAAALM down pal

Although I said that in jest...i am serious. But I'm not that riled up over it. I don't need to calm down.

Demon Hunter said:

a human could be taken over in seconds if the chips and implants were to malfunction. As the nano chips learned how humans worked they could become more like us if they wanted to.

except that computers can't think or learn

Demon Hunter said:

They would no longer need to use the lesser used parts of the brain and would become far more inteleigent then any human (and could spell much better).

Too funny.

-E

Quast said:

except that computers can't think or learn

Computer programs think and learn, just as any lifeform does. Animals are just advanced forms of computer programs.

The only part that is above computers is the 'I think, therefore I am' part of existence. Although, that as well could be some complex 'coding' in the brain that causes that.

And now I don't know what I'm doing... This is why I try not to post..