Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dco16

S.Q.W.I.R.E.L. MOD

An official announcement of another stupid EDGE Project:

I'm currently working on a project for Doom 2 using EDGE 1.27. It's a weapons mod with a nine level episode included (Seven normal, two secret). There are 20 different weapons. When I say there are twenty different weapons, I mean that there are TWENTY DIFFERENT WEAPONS: none of that dual weapons crap. Oh, yeah, and a few new enemies.

Right now I'm heavily revamping the eight levels I have done and working on the final battle level. I'm also putting in stupid little secrets that range from "Wow, I get it" and "I hope you're stabbed with a very long needle used by an HIV positive heroin addict and injected with venom from a Black Widow spider." Okay, maybe not that bad.

Why dont you make it for Edge 1.28A instead of 1.27?

The wads ive made for 1.27 work ok in 1.28a anyway. It does give some odd errors in the startup, but i checked them in a log and theyre not bad ones (something to do with sound), but all the sounds work ok anyway

Yeah, it does work with 1.28 all right, but I started it on 1.27. 1.28 sometimes gives me less errors than 1.27. Strange.

I know this may sound pretty bad, but this mod will be my first ever doom release. Don't worry, I'm making sure the levels aren't DRE-esque. I've been designing levels for a while, but never released one because I hated them all... and my doom editor is a POS that destroys WADs.