Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamesEightBitStar

Heretic e1m6

Hey guys.

Just now I was playing Heretic. I got to e1m6, and I got the Green Key, but when I go to use it, I am presented with an area where it seems like stairs are supposed to rise out (just behind the two statues holding green orbs) but... they never do. So I'm stuck there (no, I don't have any wings from the previous levels) trying to find a way to get those stairs to rise up. I've been to every area I can access up to that point, and have killed every enemy I've seen. I've tried re-running areas, standing in place, and even shooting the statues.

So, how do I get those damned stairs to rise so I can complete this level?

Thanks in advance.

Poor DoomBoy. Talented at alleviating other peoples' stupidity.... yet not his own.

It's that small head. He's only got a used wad of chewing gum for a brain, it's the only thing that fits ;)

The first episode of heretic was awesome... but the others sort of sucked I think. As soon as they introduced that stupid slashing enemy, they used it way too much. That's supposed to be an advanced enemy but it's just like a demon or something. These episodes lack in difficulty too. I can beat them all with a wand start fairly easily.

w M w said:

The first episode of heretic was awesome... but the others sort of sucked I think. As soon as they introduced that stupid slashing enemy, they used it way too much. That's supposed to be an advanced enemy but it's just like a demon or something. These episodes lack in difficulty too. I can beat them all with a wand start fairly easily.

Are you psychic or something? I mean, really, that's almost exactly what I was about to post, word for word.

Personally I love Heretic episode 2. Episode 3 is ok but the constant water theme gets a bit drab by the time you reach E3M8. Episode 2 has cool stuff like the ice grotto that totally breaks the monotony (and I'll never forget how awesome that ice was the first time I stepped onto it -- I wanted that in DOOM so bad :P).

Episode 2 is my favorite as well. But I also like Doom's Episode 2 the best and Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars movies. Maybe I'm just a sucker for 2nd parts of trilogies. Anyway, The Icy Grotto, The Labyrinth, The Catacombs, The River of Fire, and The Portals of Chaos are some of my favorite levels. Great episode.

Heretic E1 owns. Although the other episodes are definitely good in their own right, the first one is the best IMO.