Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Cacodemon Redesign (Sketch Stage)

Does what it says on the tin. Some may remember the job I did on the Mancubus, and I'm intending to do the same thing with the Cacodemon.
Here's one of the final sketch stages before I power on with the full-sized version.

Oooh creepy. Looks kinda like how they draw beholders now in D&D. This looks a lot more creepy though. Very biomechanical, like a Tyranid or some kind of H.R. Giger stuff.

Good work.

You know, its very nice, but it looks more robotic than organic to me. Are you going to colour it any?

chilvence said:

You know, its very nice, but it looks more robotic than organic to me.

Agreed. It still looks pretty cool though.

I was trying to give it more cybernetic elements. If I ever churn out a coloured version, it'll be more obvious.
Bear in mind i'll be starting on a large-scale version soon.

Spike said:

I was trying to give it more cybernetic elements. If I ever churn out a coloured version, it'll be more obvious.

Oh no, I definately like it. Just if you colour it, its definately going to look more cyborg-y - on black and white it looks almost like a flying sentry drone or something.

Oh, it doesn't look like a tomato with and eye and a mouth anymore :D

chilvence said:

You know, its very nice, but it looks more robotic than organic to me. Are you going to colour it any?

I'd seriously consider painting it, if my painting skills weren't on a par with a parapalegic toddler.

You could shade it in greyscale in photoshop or something similair, then use an overlay to colour it. That takes 90% of the pain out of it.

chilvence said:

You could shade it in greyscale in photoshop or something similair, then use an overlay to colour it. That takes 90% of the pain out of it.

Yeah, but i'm a stubborn twat like that; see, i'm not the biggest fan of computer-manipulated art. If it were to be coloured, i'd want to paint it - by hand - myself. Alas, i've tried and tried, and now i'm paying the price for neglecting every other media besides pencil and pen.