• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dittohead

Doom 3 Has Gone Gold

Taken from Hollenshed's .plan update.

7/14-2004 11:52 AM CDT

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!
It won't be long now until the anticipation ends and the PH34R begins ;-) We literally just hung up with
Activision and have confirmed that our latest release candidate has been mutually approved and is finally
GOLD. Thanks to everyone for their patience (yeah right! =) and for everyone at id, Activision and our
numerous partners for helping us create what I believe is absolutely the best game we have ever made.

So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting
at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of
your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check with
your local retailer for that information.

Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn't
because we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing process
takes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess the
European manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!

The champagne is flowing here at id and smiles abound!

I'll update again with some DOOM 3 preparation tips (not what hardware to buy - you'll have to wait for
a programmer for that sort of thing). In the meantime, I want to see those "DOOM 3 GOLD!!!" threads set
new records for swamping message board servers, destroying productivity, and post counts ;-)

Recapping today's headlines....DOOM 3 GOLD!!!

Awesome.

I HAVE DONE WITH MY PC UPGRADE TODAY.
GIMME AN IMP. AND LOT OF THEM.
THANK YOU JOHN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
ID SOFTWARE YOU ARE ONLY ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

grr. I just wanted to post it :)

AWESOME STUFF !!!!!!

Guys ! We did it. I really enjoyed the last 4 years here.
You guys broughgt up any idea and topic about doom I can imagine. Well, sometimes it made it even harder to wait...but in the end we all managed not getting completely bored waiting for DooM3 :)

This is plain cool ! :)

Doomworld drops the ball. Planet Doom newsed it first.

:( I don't believe in nothin' no more.

Revenant! said:

We did it.

What did we do?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Perfect timing. I've got enough money to buy new hardware (yes, I've got a job again).

Scuba Steve said:
What did we do?

Umm...well. I have no clue. My brain just went nuts !
It was supposed to mean something like "We survived the 4 years of waiting"

nevermind....english only second language and I'm excited like a child :P

Scuba Steve said:

What did we do?

I believe he's referring to our long, agonizing wait, which is now over (well actually it won't be until I see the Doom 3 Setup progress bar reaching 100%). I predict a full-scale Gigaton explosion of this forum over the next few weeks.

Since I can't post news, I'll just stick this thread here.

Amaster said:

It's online! But we don't have the login name, which will probably come along with the game.

-edit- Sourcecode says this:

<!-- ENCRYPTEDKEY -->

Heh. Maybe someone should try typing all those encrypted keycodes in to see if some work or something.

For me ua-corp.com just goes to the countdown automatically, then the flash movie starts over. Weird. Guess they're editing the site as we speak.

BlackFish said:

Now it's all blank. O_o

Yeah. Something's going wrong. Maybe we weren't supposed to see this already.

Of course I'm sitting in front of the shambles that used to be my computer, elbows deep in PCI cards, but noone else has posted this. Also, thanks to Blackfish for the insightful (annoying) suggestion that I'm an idiot for not making this the top story.

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!It won't be long now until the anticipation ends and the PH34R begins ;-) We literally just hung up withActivision and have confirmed that our latest release candidate has been mutually approved and is finallyGOLD. Thanks to everyone for their patience (yeah right! =) and for everyone at id, Activision and ournumerous partners for helping us create what I believe is absolutely the best game we have ever made.

So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games startingat 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some ofyour favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check withyour local retailer for that information.

Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn'tbecause we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing processtakes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess theEuropean manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!

The champagne is flowing here at id and smiles abound!

I'll update again with some DOOM 3 preparation tips (not what hardware to buy - you'll have to wait fora programmer for that sort of thing). In the meantime, I want to see those "DOOM 3 GOLD!!!" threads setnew records for swamping message board servers, destroying productivity, and post counts ;-)

Recapping today's headlines....DOOM 3 GOLD!!!

Be afraid. My slightly substandard computer is. Oh, here's the .plan entry.

It's back again, and I paused the swf on the countdown part. :P

19 days, 4 hours, 33 mins 18 seconds as of writing this. :)

yeah... they changed. when you look at the source code it changed too.... no more <!ENCRYPTED> or whatever.