Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Well, my friends....

Now that Doom III has gone gold and will be out soon, I'd like to say a thank you to everyone on these forums that have registered beyond this date for making the pre-d3 forum days a great one. I've had great laughs here at dw.

Boy, we're going to have alot of newcomers.

Skeletor.

*HUGE NASA-LIKE CELEBRATION!*

Yeah, I've been crying for the last seven minutes I found out when I went to Gamespot.

..... So how about that XBOX release?

..... So how about that XBOX release?

CNN says its unlikely to come out this year, "two major jobs need doing", ah well, the PC one will do for now

Well, I've only just registered a couple days ago, but I've been reading Doomworld for a long time for info. I'd like to thank you all for knowing what you're talking about and making the wait so fun - if you can call it that :P

Skeletor said:

Now that Doom III has gone gold and will be out soon, I'd like to say a thank you to everyone on these forums that have registered beyond this date for making the pre-d3 forum days a great one. I've had great laughs here at dw.

Skeletor.

Yup, and when they register here - we will have a great time laughing at their newbish "questions" and their knowledge of the DOOM series overall (which has been a HUGE part of my life).

Hehe, im so mean. =)

Chubz, I agree - that's the ultimate indulgence. Can't wait to spurn the n00bs either. Muhuhaha. I can see it all now: "OMG where can i dl doom 1 and 2?!?!11one"

Hmm, its time that id declares DooM1&2 as freeware :P

EDIT:
Pfft..."Junior Member". I am visiting this Forums for 3 years now on a regular basis.
I am only barely posting :P

kalamari22 said:

Chubz, I agree - that's the ultimate indulgence. Can't wait to spurn the n00bs either. Muhuhaha. I can see it all now: "OMG where can i dl doom 1 and 2?!?!11one"

rofl, yea, that is going to be so funny.

I would like to give them links and get them like REALLY hyped up - only for them to find out that the links are just a d/l of the shareware version of DOOM95.

MWUAHAHAHA. =)

kalamari22 said:

Hey man, now that's just cruel.
;)
I could host it on my website as "doom1+2full.zip", HAHAHA

YES - Thanks for giving me the ammunition!

Now all I need is the weapon. ^^

I also wanna thank everyone. Sorry I'm not much of a poster but I don't enjoy posting as much as I do reading other's posts. BTW I'm still wondering if DSM wants to have little ones with me?

kalamari22 said:

Based on this thread it happened allready a few days ago.

Yes, my pre-doom3 days here were very memorable, heh.

But it will be fun to see how the post-doom3 days are too...

...especially outside the Doom3 forums, EE beware...

Skeletor said:

Skeletor.

No kidding, its gonna suck, well, i can't really talk since i only just registered today, but i've played doom from when it first came out (when i was like 7 or 8 or something) up to today, and i've made this site a regular stop for a year or two.

gatewatcher said:

Yes, my pre-doom3 days here were very memorable, heh.

But it will be fun to see how the post-doom3 days are too...

...especially outside the Doom3 forums, EE beware...

Pretty much speaks for me too, this place has made the long wait that much easier, checking in on what you guys find all over, its cool. Doom 3 is gonna be a blast, but as they say "You cant beat the original"

chubz said:

Yup, and when they register here - we will have a great time laughing at their newbish "questions" and their knowledge of the DOOM series overall (which has been a HUGE part of my life).
Hehe, im so mean. =)
I would like to give them links and get them like REALLY hyped up - only for them to find out that the links are just a d/l of the shareware version of DOOM95.
MWUAHAHAHA. =)

chubz
Mini-Member

huh?

Chubz said:

Hehe, im so mean. =)
MWUAHAHAHA. =)

What the hell are you talking about? As far as I'm concerned, you and Kalamari are n00bs. You haven't even been here a month yet, but you act like you're some long-time member. Give any of the new people a hard time and the mods won't hesitate to send your ass to ban land. This is in the opinion of a lot of people, the premier Doom site, not just for Doom 3, but for Doom 1 and 2. We have a lot of great members who work their asses off on new wads like scuba steve, as well as a slew of helpful people for all the ports. Don't be an idiot and give the site a bad name.

roofleshoes @ gatewatcher lolz

Yeah, I remember way on back in the day everyone would talk about if there was going to be a triple barreled shotgun or a phase cannon and other such weapons, as well as what kind of enemies there would be and what kind of enemies everyone would like to see, what the minimum/maximum computer specs and such where, etc etc.
Those were the days.

Other than the gross overpopulation there will be in the forums, more people coming in may be good too. With more people interested in doom, alot of talent will probably be added to the editing and mapmaking community. Some of its bound to spill over to classic doom too.

Meh, new people doesn't mean stupid people. I mean, what is this site if not a gathering place for people who like Doom? And I'm sure that the new people who turn out to be retards (just like the old people who turn out to be retards) will not find themselves here for very long.

@DooMBoy: Damn... those were the good days, weren't they. I hardly ever seen any of the names from back then post anymore, though...

heLLO, when doom3 out? plEase anser.
Is CybiieDemn wITH biG hoRns bE in GamE!
i r no0b.

doomedout said:

heLLO, when doom3 out? plEase anser.
Is CybiieDemn wITH biG hoRns bE in GamE!
i r no0b.

Ha! Indeed!

Peace,

The Bruce

I've heard that Doom 3 for the Xbox may be out sometime this year in October, so keep your hopes up.