Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

More Doom 3 Info

Todd Hollenshead has posted another update to his .plan file, this time providing some details left out from the original announcement:

Mac and Linux: Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these. However, Linux binaries will be available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves. There are no plans for boxed Linux games. More remains to be done for the OSX version of DOOM 3 and that will take some time.

Demo: our priority was finishing the game first and now we are turning our attention to the demo. I don't have any information to share regarding any specific content, but I don't believe that we have ever disappointed in that regard in the past.

There's more, so be sure to read the whole thing.

FP! Odd about that no support for Linux off the bat. Contridicts what I've heard aobut support right out the box.

Scragadelic said:

Yay, demo!

And based off the finished product, yay!

Now, for the next .plan, how about some final specifications...

Todd Hollenshead:
I know I owe you those preparation tips, but they will have to wait until tomorrow

chilvence said:

Hahah, is that a real quote?

RTFM.plan

Doom 3 is gonna kick some serious @$$ in gameplay.

Dr. Doom
Out

Just wait 16 more days and Doom 3 for the pc will be out, mmmmmmm Dooooom...

Thank you for contacting Hellcomm, noone is availible at the moment so please leave a message after the shriek...EEEEEEEK!!!

A post-release demo sounds like a good idea to me. If you provide a buggy pre release demo based on unfinished or unpolished code, the audience is hardly going to be impressed.

I have DooM 3 preordered... I'll probably get it before the demo comes out. And, I get the little pewter demon from EB games to make the most badass monopoly player in the history of the universe.

I don't know if a demo is such a good idea, demoes like those take more than a day to download! ;)

its too bad they didnt do the same thing that they did with q3a, to have platform test releases on linux and mac.. a lot of people installed linux just to play q3a-test :)

on the other hand, this game is way more likely to blow everyone away when they see it for the first time, and a stupid test version might ruin that..