Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

So who's going to edit for Doom3?

So who's going to edit for Doom3?

I expect to start editing for the game whenever it gets released.

I'll probably mess with the editor a little bit (like I usually do for most any game I get), but there's a 90% chance that I won't do anything serious with it. The original Doom is the only game that I've mapped for for more than a week without quitting.

Heh, Spork. Biggest thread bump ever. Nearly 2 years.

I'll probably give it a try, but don't expect anything fantastic from me :P

Shaviro said:

You can do textures, right? :P

I can do "everything", but I could be much better at character modelling and UV mapping.

BNA! said:

I can do "everything", but I could be much better at character modelling and UV mapping.

Ah hah!
*shaviro speculates and makes a note*

Lutrov71 said:

I won't. Doom2 mapping would be far more fun than Doom3 mapping.

Seconded. Although I may dip my hand in a couple of projects for non-map stuff (Textures and music, mainly. Probably more the latter).

I've already started. I've built a few rooms in max but I've spent more time on the textures so far.

AirRaid said:

Heh, Spork. Biggest thread bump ever. Nearly 2 years.

I'll probably give it a try, but don't expect anything fantastic from me :P

Well hey, the editing forum only has, what, 5 threads in it (used to be more but most fo them were deleted), so I wasn't really paying attention to the date which the thread was started. :P

I don't know much about editing, but I do have some ideas. The only editor I liked was Duke Nukem's. Very simple, but quite effective. Doom 3's will obviously be a lot more difficult so I don't have much hope for an editing career for myself.

I plan on attempting a few levels, but not much. My first priority is to finish making Kill for the original Doom first, heh.

Wasn't the editor going to be Radiant or based on it? If so, I'll have to learn it first. I can make blocks, but not much else right now.

DJ_Haruko said:

Wasn't the editor going to be Radiant or based on it?

Yes! (Doom3Radiant)

I'm going to if I can. Depends on the complexity, but if it's radiant-based it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Nah. Plenty of others making maps that I wouldn't need to do anything, there will be community based map packs released I'm sure.

I will definitly give the editor a spin and see what's possible in the Doom3 engine.

I'm going to try very hard to edit for this game, my last attempts at 3d editing where Unreal Tournament and Quake II.

Once I get the game and have beaten it so I can see for myself what the expectations would be of a level I plan on editing for Doom 3 full time. I already have a ton of experience with Radiant so it shouldn't be any problem for me to pick up on the editor. It always helps to know what you're doing :D

Hoping to eventually make gaydoom/the fourth reich for it, right after i make it for doom 2, and considering i probably wont start till around christmas this year at the earliest, it could take some time, not to mention that Grand theft felney thing ive got planned....

Ah well, theyre all really just excuses to sprite/model classic cars (and by the time GTF is done, cars from 2001, the year it is set in, will also be classic...)