Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven

Monster Info

I've been fiddling around quite a bit with the leaked alpha, and I've been scavenging for bits and pieces of stuff that hasn't made it out there yet, and I've found out a good bit of stuff some may find interesting.

FAT ZOMBIE: Best dealt with through 12-gauge shotgun. According to the leaked alpha, and assuming the damage scales in Doom(2) and Doom3 are the same, they come with 40-50 HP. They can smack you around a good bit with their bare hands, or they can lunge at you from below when you think they're down. Just goes to show you, the first shot may not be the last.

CHAINSAW ZOMBIE: Due to limited resources to observe and draw information from, nothing has been confirmed about this enemy yet, except that it will be there.

SKINNY ZOMBIE: Best dealt with using machinegun. According to leaked alpha, and assuming the damage scales in Doom(2) and Doom 3 are the same, they come with 30-50 HP. Usually take between 10 and 20 shots to take them down. As with the fat zombie, it's best to shoot them when they're down. Usually come in groups, so watch out.

HELL KNIGHT: An 8-foot tall nightmare. Behavior not confirmed, but makes an appearance in first alpha map. Because of limited behavior code put into this enemy, I was unable to determine how tough this dude is.

DEMON: Half cybernetic, half "organic," if you can call it that. The only attacks this thing can do is ram you head on (usually nabs a good 20-40 HP from you), or bite you up close (usually 30 HP or less). Assuming the damage scales in Doom(2) and Doom3 are the same, this guy packs almost 200 HP. I can't say for sure, because of the much wider range of damage the weapons do... (explained later)

ARACHNOTRON: The name "Arachnotron" is kind of a misnomer, if you're talking about this thing. A human head upside down on a spider. I can't determine this for sure, but if I got it right, this guy attacks by rushing up and biting you in the crotch, or something like that. I can't say how much HP it'll steal from you for sure, though. I wasn't able to get any more info due to limited resources.

REVENANT: This guy is pretty much the same, except for his new menacing appearance. He still whacks you head on, and he still shoots his badass rockets at you. The only thing is, from what I can tell, he prefers to punch the shit out of you instead of hit you with rockets...

ARCH VILE: I don't know much about it, except for the fact that he has a tail, and that he's there. From the looks of it, he first appears in a map with a boiler-room...

IMP: This monster is so much fucking cooler than the original. Just as an example, he climbs walls to get to you. The second thing, if I place it correctly, he can charge you head on with the spikes in his arms.

SPIDER MASTERMIND: All I know is that it's there. I don't know anything else.

WEAPONS:

PISTOL: 10 bullet clip. Fires at the same rate as the original. You get this at start, obviously.

SHOTGUN: Can hold 5 shells to the chamber. Fires a little slower than original. Reloads through bottom.

MACHINEGUN: 50 bullet clip. Fires roughly 5x faster than the pistol, and uses the same ammo. Reloads similar to double-barrel shotgun.

PLASMAGUN: It's...there. Yup, that's a plasmagun alright.

RAILGUN: Huh? Railgun?

Please tell me if you know all this already, and I'll make an attempt to dig deeper into the alpha leak.

That's not an Arachnotron, that's an upside down head spider thingy. Anyway the full game is about to be released, why keep squeezing little droplets of outdated information from the leaked version ?

There are many more and different monsters in the final game, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I wish you'd fucking stay banned like you're supposed to be.

Whats a Cherub

Cherub: An infant human crossed with a demon's lower body and insect wings. From what I know in an interview the thing will cause you hallucinations, images of being attacked by demons, except you actually have to fight the demons and yes they WILL hurt you.

Heh, elaborating more on what no-brains was studying:

Arch Vile: The Arch Vile summons monsters rather than resurrecting them. It will summon specific demons depending on how you react to it, ie. if you jump into a small passage it could summon an Imp to crawl in and get you. If you jumped into an air duct it could summon whatever Maggots are that are apparently small and vicous (or perhaps it would summon Lost Souls instead). No idea if it still has its flame attack (probably not).

Melfice said:

Cherub: An infant human crossed with a demon's lower body and insect wings. From what I know in an interview the thing will cause you hallucinations, images of being attacked by demons, except you actually have to fight the demons and yes they WILL hurt you.

I didn't know jack about a Cherub but they sure do sound awesome as hell. They'll probably piss me off a bit though.

Darkhaven said:

WEAPONS:

PISTOL: 10 bullet clip. Fires at the same rate as the original. You get this at start, obviously.

MACHINEGUN: 50 bullet clip. Fires roughly 5x faster than the pistol, and uses the same ammo. Reloads similar to double-barrel shotgun.

Please tell me if you know all this already, and I'll make an attempt to dig deeper into the alpha leak.

In the alpha I played the pistol held 12 rounds and the machine gun held 60 rounds.

-E

Darkhaven said:

The game will be out soon, so what sense does it make to rediscover outdated info?

I'm sure many people appreciate your work, so you can just ignore my reply.

Possible spoilers:

From the screenshots it looks like also there may be a rocket launcher.

There also may be lost souls, as seen in the alpha intro coming through the gate.

Also, the other zombie is the one with the long tentacle arm (and chaingun at one time in the alpha). That thing is a rotten invention. It looks somewhat like a marine with the helmet.

Fiend said:

From the screenshots it looks like also there may be a rocket launcher.

There also may be lost souls, as seen in the alpha intro coming through the gate.

I thought these were already confirmed - does anybody know for sure?

There are screenshots from the Multiplayer test showing images of the rocket launcher and plasma rifle in action.

They will both be there.

You didn't mention the Soul Cube, Flashlight, Grenades, Cacodemon, 'Jurassic Boss', Z-Sec Zombies, or Chainsaw.

Knowing the rough HP of the enemies is pointless without noting the weapon damage.

There is no Railgun.

Update on the Archvile. The screenshot we've seen that's the Archvile...that's not it...atleast not anymore. There is a pic of it in the PC Gamer (which I now have in my posession) and it is very reminiscent of the original Arch Vile. I am very happy about it. From the large alien-like head, to the black eyes, down to the large hand, skinny limbs, and even yellowish-colored skin (but not completely yellow), it's perfect. What I question is wether what we saw in the begin with was ever the Archvile? Or if it was, is it something else now? Because it was still pretty cool.

The BFG9000 is just...wow. It's very, very large as you could have imagined. We're talking about something that takes up half of the screen where weapons are normally held, you can't even see the right side of it, all you can see is when hand holding on to it from above, probably trying to keep yourself from falling over.

Cacodemon. I can't tell much from the picture but it is floating, and it is round, except I believe it looks as if it has three glowing eyes, and its mouth does glow. It almost appears to have some sort of tentacles or wierd appendages hanging off of it.

The demons apparently teleport in suddenly in Doom 3. A glowing demonic seal will appear on the ground followed by a column of fire and the demon will appear.

There is a very, very small picture of something large...very large...and its floating. It's on the last page. I can't tell much...but it has spines, and spikes, and it's dark, even black. What the fuck is that...?

Oh and some info on the Soul Cube. You will have it roughly halfway through the game. It says whenever you kill five monsters by conventional means, the Soul Cube activates (so you want to have it on a easy key to get to). "Whispering to be unleashed, it can be used to kill an enemy instantly, replenishing your health with the health of the creature it slays." You'll have an icon and a sound to indicate when the Soul Cube is ready to use. I must say, it looks pretty badass.

Melfice said:

Oh and some info on the Soul Cube. You will have it roughly halfway through the game. It says whenever you kill five monsters by conventional means, the Soul Cube activates (so you want to have it on a easy key to get to). "Whispering to be unleashed, it can be used to kill an enemy instantly, replenishing your health with the health of the creature it slays." You'll have an icon and a sound to indicate when the Soul Cube is ready to use. I must say, it looks pretty badass.

Only 5? And what constitutes conventional?

-E

I'd assume that means you killing them with your weapons rather than them killing eachother or something.

Now those are some high-quality spoilers right there. Can't wait till the pc gamer is in stores - anybody have a date?

Endureth said:

In the alpha I played the pistol held 12 rounds and the machine gun held 60 rounds.

Must be using metric rounds. You lose a bit in the conversion.

Peace,

The Bruce

Danarchy said:

Anyone have a pic of the cherub or the new cacodemon?

I have a pic of both, the pic of the Cacodemon isn't that good of one but it isn't as good quality I would have hoped for, and I also have a wicked new one of the Cherub aswell.

Oh btw for he who asked, they've said it quite a bit, the date (atleast for U.S.) is August 3rd-6th, stores are to start selling Doom 3 on August 6th, however, some may start on August 3rd and Id Software seems to be fine with that :D

kalamari22 said:

I thought these were already confirmed - does anybody know for sure?

The lost souls are there, and in the trailer I think I saw a zombie getting blown up and falling down a huge tunnel of some sort, possibly by a rocket launcher.

Melfice said:

Arch Vile: The Arch Vile summons monsters rather than resurrecting them. It will summon specific demons depending on how you react to it, ie. if you jump into a small passage it could summon an Imp to crawl in and get you. If you jumped into an air duct it could summon whatever Maggots are that are apparently small and vicous (or perhaps it would summon Lost Souls instead). No idea if it still has its flame attack (probably not).

He does flame attack you and sadly it doesn't look good as Doom2. :(

Darkman 4 said:

KILL HIM.

Deffinatly... my rate is 150 G and by G I meen Gram lol.