• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CelT

"Face" of a Spider

was changed just(?) before the release :

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/screens.html?page=81

http://d3c.ngz-network.de/e107_files/downloads/wallpapers/coming_for_you.jpg

The new "face" looks more pretty to blow it out.

It could be a variation, kinda like the Hell Knight/Baron. But if not, it looks cooler now and less like a The Thing rip off.

In my opinion the new trite is at least 8 times scarier. The almost hollow look to the eyes make them so creepy!

I still don't get it why the heads of some demons are looking so "blocky". 20 more polygons on the head and it would be Ok.
Well, I guess I am wrong and just missing something. :P

Perhaps a mix of xbox stuff? But it IS a pc ad. Who knows, it looks better in motion anyways.

Nowt wrong with a few edges, the more likely my pc wont stutter to death when i see a million poly imp the better. :D
Plus they might give the polys to enemies that deserve it, can you say cyberpolygon demon.

Sticking to topic, yes the trites look pretty class with the makeover for the final product, hope all the enemies got a good polish at the end.

Is it me or does that "Burnie" look like shit compared to the rest?

EDIT: I hope that trite is a variation.. it's "scarier" but not "creepier" if you get me.

I love the "new" trite. ItĀ“s much more spider-like, with 8 eyes and the mouth is opened wider. It would be ok for me to have both variations in the game, say, one "easy" version (the old one) for the first levels and the new, creepy version towards the ending.

niguel said:

that imp is edgy as hell.

you would be too if humans invaded your turf with their experiments.

never noticed it, well stuff was gonna change. that was only natural

Celt, not to sound picky, but could you use the [url] tags next time. You make me work to see the goods ; (

EDIT: What's wrong with the imp?

Scabbed Angel said:

EDIT: What's wrong with the imp?

I think they're talking about the obvious polygons jutting out of the head. Doesn't really bother me.

I'm glad to see a new zombie in the upper left corner. To be honest I was concerned for a long time (and still am a little) that there were only going to be two/three different looking zombies. The problem is that these characters are SO highly detailed that running into two of them becomes obvious. In the original Doom, the characters were so low detail you could get away with 2 different zombie men, and it didn't feel as repetetive. Now that the characters are near lifelike, bumping into three fat zombiemen would be like running into three of your best friend at the same time.

With the addition of maybe 3-4 more zombies, it would feel alot more randomized.

Scuba Steve said:

Now that the characters are near lifelike, bumping into three fat zombiemen would be like running into three of your best friend at the same time.

With the addition of maybe 3-4 more zombies, it would feel alot more randomized.

*Sigh* "The fat zombie is so dreamy!" *bats eyelashes*

I do believe that id stated there there will be many different types of zombies including the corse of a topless chic wearing only panties. Heh.

I think they said their code could mix and match some zombie features to make relatively diverse variants of undead humans.

Scuba Steve said:

I'm glad to see a new zombie in the upper left corner. To be honest I was concerned for a long time (and still am a little) that there were only going to be two/three different looking zombies. The problem is that these characters are SO highly detailed that running into two of them becomes obvious. In the original Doom, the characters were so low detail you could get away with 2 different zombie men, and it didn't feel as repetetive. Now that the characters are near lifelike, bumping into three fat zombiemen would be like running into three of your best friend at the same time.

hm, true

Scuba Steve said:

...bumping into three fat zombiemen would be like running into three of your best friend at the same time.

Hey, my best friend ainĀ“t no fat zombieman. ;)