• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Melfice's Updating Spoiler

Release Date: August 3rd-6th.
PC Gamer Rating: 94%.
Demo: Sometime after full-game release.

I decided to post the info I've been posting in DarkHaven's thread in my own instead, and so I can also keep updating the main post rather than throughout the thread (and instead just posting saying "hey, I updated the main post!").

Note that there are somethings I won't spoil for myself or anyone else, and that's the Spider Mastermind and the Cyberdemon, and the end-game boss. I also don't plan on saying anything about what to do if this or that happens and stuff like that. I'm just posting info on monsters that I have. And I'm paraphrasing what I've read/heard, so it isn't copyrighted. Also I have images, so if you want those, contact me elsewhere (preferably not on the message board, if you don't have AIM, then PM me).

The lists aren't in any particular order, I'm just posting what people may not know about yet (rather than posting info on the Pinkie and Hellknight, as if we already don't know enough).

The Demons

Dr.Betruger: I don't know that you will fight him in the game, however a while back when looking at the alpha source we discovered something that was to be "The Cult Leader." I think that this would be him. He is a scientist who wishes to bring Apocalypse to Earth and ultimately the one who opens the gates to hell. Something did go terribly wrong, but it wasn't an accident.

Cherub: An infant human crossed with a demon's lower body and insect wings. From what I know in an interview the thing will cause you hallucinations, images of being attacked by demons, except you actually have to fight the demons and yes they WILL hurt you.

Arch Vile: The Arch Vile summons monsters rather than resurrecting them. It will summon specific demons depending on how you react to it, ie. if you jump into a small passage it could summon an Imp to crawl in and get you. If you jumped into an air duct it could summon whatever Maggots are that are apparently small and vicous (or perhaps it would summon Lost Souls instead). No idea if it still has its flame attack (probably not). The screenshot we've seen that's the Archvile...that's not it...atleast not anymore. There is a pic of it in the PC Gamer (which I now have in my posession) and it is very reminiscent of the original Arch Vile. I am very happy about it. From the large alien-like head, to the black eyes, down to the large hand, skinny limbs, and even yellowish-colored skin (but not completely yellow), it's perfect. What I question is wether what we saw in the begin with was ever the Archvile? Or if it was, is it something else now? Because it was still pretty cool.

Cacodemon: I can't tell much from the picture but it is floating, and it is round, except I believe it looks as if it has multiple eyes, and its mouth does glow, and is lined with what appear to be many, many sharp teeth. It almost appears to have some sort of tentacles or wierd appendages hanging off of it. Also its a brown in color. I can't tell if it spawns Lost Souls as was suggested it would do but there is a fire inside its mouth, that makes it's mouth glow.

Weapons

Soul Cube: You will have it roughly halfway through the game, which also means you'll be in Hell. It says whenever you kill five monsters by conventional means, the Soul Cube activates (so you want to have it on a easy key to get to). "Whispering to be unleashed, it can be used to kill an enemy instantly, replenishing your health with the health of the creature it slays." You'll have an icon and a sound to indicate when the Soul Cube is ready to use. I must say, it looks pretty badass.

BFG 9000: It's very, very large as you could have imagined. We're talking about something that takes up half of the screen where weapons are normally held, you can't even see the right side of it, all you can see is when hand holding on to it from above, probably trying to keep yourself from falling over. Supposedly you don't get it for quite a while, but it's worth the wait once you do. Also one more fact, and don't quote me on this because this is just something I thought I read a long, long time ago, but the BFG9000 and Plasma Rifle will use different ammo sources.

Plasma Rifle: The editor of PC Gamer claimed this as one of his favorite weapons when playing through. It causes alot of damage, fiery blue death style. However its ammo depletes rapidly (much like the original plasma gun). Sounds like it'll be good to take out a ton of smaller creatures to me.

Rocket Launcher: Nothing more was said than that it scores amazingly devastating hits at distance. Really, I believe that's all that needs to be said about it.

In-Game Info:

Sudden Teleportation: The demons apparently teleport in suddenly in Doom 3. A glowing demonic seal will appear on the ground followed by a column of fire and the demon will appear. The only pic where it shows this is in Hell, so I'm not sure if this is a phenomenon you'll only see in Hell or outside of it.

Hell: Nothing more was revealed than the fact the the entire feel of the game will suddenly change. If you think you were scared before, you won't know what hit you when you enter hell, which will be via a teleporter. And you WILL come out with no weapons.

BlackFish said:

Sounds like the doom novels only the marine's going to wear clothes.

Kind of. That's what I thought when I first read it (of course I like the Doom novnels though). But actually I realized that in the original Doom when you ended one episode you had to start another, and you basically started with no weapons (minus the pistol, which I'm actually betting you'll atleast have in Doom 3).

BlackFish's title:

I want to preorder CS: Condition Zero but Half-Life 2?! NO WAY!!!

I'm assuming some mod made your title that because that's supposed to be bad that you'd want to do that? Heh, funny, I totally agree with you on the matter.

Scabbed Angel

Where'd you get the PC Gamer? I checked the store yesterday and NOTHING!
EDIT: I don't want to see the Caco though... not yet..

I found out that a friend of mine subscribes to PC Gamer :D. And don't worry I won't post the Caco pics or anything (I can't as its copyrighted material, I'm lucky that you can "paraphrase" things in the begin with). I just hope I don't pick up a magazine in the future and open it up to be staring right at the Cyberdemon or boss. That would make me sad :(

The game sounds sweet! Soul Cube? Like what Icon spits out? At any rate I'm stoked.

Melfice said:

Dr.Betruger: I don't know that you will fight him in the game, however a while back when looking at the alpha source we discovered something that was to be "The Cult Leader." I think that this would be him. He is a scientist who wishes to bring Apocalypse to Earth and ultimately the one who opens the gates to hell. Something did go terribly wrong, but it wasn't an accident.

Cool. I wrote a Doom story years ago based on a similar premise - that the whole thing was planned from day one by a demon puppeting a military general.

Scabbed Angel said:

Where'd you get the PC Gamer? I checked the store yesterday and NOTHING!
EDIT: I don't want to see the Caco though... not yet..

Me too. I couldn't find it anywhere :(

insertwackynamehere said:

Me too. I couldn't find it anywhere :(

I believe it's only the subscribers who have it at this point.

Melfice said:

The screenshot we've seen that's the Archvile...that's not it...at least not anymore. There is a pic of it in the PC Gamer (which I now have in my posession) and it is very reminiscent of the original Arch Vile. I am very happy about it. From the large alien-like head, to the black eyes, down to the large hand, skinny limbs, and even yellowish-colored skin (but not completely yellow), it's perfect.

Hell yeah! That made my day:D

So, what is the thing we thought was an Arch-ville? It's in the trailer too, that thing that shoots out a big fire ball. Or have they just changed it too a different model.

I don't remember seeing it in the trailer at all myself. Anyway sometime later when I feel up to it I'm going to just update the first post with everything there is to know that I can find that's true or confirmed. Until then here's a wallpaper I just made, 1024x768 sized, if you need it smaller resize it yourself :P

http://www.retetched.com/optix/misc/hell-1024x768.jpg

You just edited an existing one, but you made it better! The zombie in the title looks nice.

Melfice said:

I'm assuming some mod made your title that because that's supposed to be bad that you'd want to do that?

I have CS:CZ. It's OK. The bots are great, but the "Deleted Scenes" (the "proper" single player) sucks. Still good for offline, and it updates normal Counterstrike with some nifty hi-res models.

But getting back on-topic, DAMMIT DOOM3 WHY MUST I HAVE NO MONEY.

Lutrov71 said:

You just edited an existing one, but you made it better! The zombie in the title looks nice.

Yeah :P I should have mentioned I used an existing one as a base for it. I added everything else in though, afterall, just a Hellknight is kinda boring lol. And btw, that's not a zombie ;)

Lutrov71 said:

I have CS:CZ. It's OK. The bots are great, but the "Deleted Scenes" (the "proper" single player) sucks. Still good for offline, and it updates normal Counterstrike with some nifty hi-res models.

Eh personally I'm just not a fan of Half-Life. It's ok, but I really got bored with it fast, and I don't think Half-Life 2 will ever live up to what Doom 3 is, or Halo 2 either for that matter. But that's a matter of opinion, and I'm stopping there :P I don't want this thread to end up being a X vs. Y vs. Z thing.

as for the pics on the PC Gamer review, you missed one important monsters, it's new Mancubus. If my memory serves me well you can see it left corner of the second page.

Oh yeah, according to the PC Gamer review, one of the Deathmatch levels is a remake/sequel to "The Edge", better known as Q2DM1.

Thanks for the info :P I'm still getting around to updating.

Btw, I think the creature on the 2nd page on the upper left-hand side is just speculated to be the new mancubus, because I thought they said it was going to be female in character and would still be fat. Could be though, maybe there was a caption and I missed it or something.

It's very slim, it's muscles are defined, and has large black, glossy eyes. It appears to have some kind of mask on its face with a tube coming out of it, where the tube goes is not shown. It's head appears to be split down the middle on top however you cannot see its brain or skull (it's just a line), and also it's greenish in color but that may not be it's real skin color as the place it appears to be in is illuminating a blue-green light.

Ok I'll be updating the original post today for sure with tons of information gathered from interviews and various sources :) Also I plan to have some new pictures to go with the stuff that come from the new clip flying around the net everywhere.