Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoost

doom3.com live

Have you listened to the music clip "Doom3 Intro". That sounds promising!

The theme song is only a sample, sounds very rock/metal orientated something similair to what you would hear on kerrang! on sky. Only 22 seconds long though.

Although it reminds me of updated doom 2 music in a way.

Oh yeah... and Doomworld is in the links section second only to planet doom. Shame should be other way round.

They even have doom3maps.de in that list. They are the ones where i allways go to look at scans and stuff.

Remember that this is just the title music.

I mean, remember how good the Quake 1 title music was? The rest of the game was nothing like it.

Nice to see the website up (finally). LOVE the atmospheric music in the background (hope that makes it into the game), but the theme song as it is sounds a bit too 'Quake 2' for me- not that that's a bad thing, I just don't think it fits in.

Where on doom3.com is there anything different? I don't see this new theme or whatever your talking about.

Alientank said:

Where on doom3.com is there anything different? I don't see this new theme or whatever your talking about.

Not see the text "ENTER THE FLASH SITE" instead of coming soon.

Understatement: I don't like that music.

My musical tatses include only Metal and Orchestral, and in my eyes(ears) that song is a fucking joke. The intro sounds like Tool, which is stupid. If they're making music for a game, they shouldn't just blatantly use their usual style.
And for the record, their usual style is sub-mediocre.

And then to top things off, it pulls into some really shitty linkin-park-esque guitars. If there were lyrics they would probably angsty bitching about getting dumped by a girlfriend or something equally as retarded.

This clip is the epitome of shitty teen 'metal'.

I know bitching about it isn't going to change anything, but just because some 'famous' people made this music doesn't mean anyone should like it.

I hope for the love of christ and all th at is holy that the in-game music isn't this horrible. Or atleast that you can turn it off.

Another thing that confuses me is that this is the first time id has made such a mistake. The Q2 & Q3 soundtracks (both by Sonic Mayhem)were great metal/techno fusion and the original doom score - which was REAL metal (slayer, pantera, ACDC) in midi format, was the best game music I've heard.

All I can hope for now is the inclusion of an MP3 player (a-la UT2K4) so I can put some Bloodbath on or something

Dest-X said:

Understatement: I don't like that music.

My musical tatses include only Metal and Orchestral, and in my eyes(ears) that song is a fucking joke. The intro sounds like Tool, which is stupid. If they're making music for a game, they shouldn't just blatantly use their usual style.
And for the record, their usual style is sub-mediocre.

And then to top things off, it pulls into some really shitty linkin-park-esque guitars. If there were lyrics they would probably angsty bitching about getting dumped by a girlfriend or something equally as retarded.

This clip is the epitome of shitty teen 'metal'.

I know bitching about it isn't going to change anything, but just because some 'famous' people made this music doesn't mean anyone should like it.

I hope for the love of christ and all th at is holy that the in-game music isn't this horrible. Or atleast that you can turn it off.

Another thing that confuses me is that this is the first time id has made such a mistake. The Q2 & Q3 soundtracks (both by Sonic Mayhem)were great metal/techno fusion and the original doom score - which was REAL metal (slayer, pantera, ACDC) in midi format, was the best game music I've heard.

All I can hope for now is the inclusion of an MP3 player (a-la UT2K4) so I can put some Bloodbath on or something

yeah, that really doesnt match with the game. but on its own is pretty cool.

Well the actual game won't have much in the ways of a sound track anyways. It's going to be mostly ambience, which is a thing I like.

ugh the theme song or whatever is incredibly bland.

how dissapointing.

I don´t particulary like the song, either. It´s just some average metal stuff, I expected way cooler song to introduce something as big as Doom3. Maybe there will be an updated version on it in the final game or it will feel cooler when combined with the visuals.

Deathmatcher said:

I don´t particulary like the song, either. It´s just some average metal stuff, I expected way cooler song to introduce something as big as Doom3. Maybe there will be an updated version on it in the final game or it will feel cooler when combined with the visuals.

agreed. I expect more impressive title song but new theme song in updated Doom3.com is very generic rock music. someone maybe remember Doom3 Legacy interview trialer where you can find very nice music fit for new Doom3 title song in the early part. I expect that kind of music as a title song.

Dest-X said:

My musical tatses include only Metal and Orchestral

what a well rounded individual you are

Lectrix said:

Not see the text "ENTER THE FLASH SITE" instead of coming soon.

I had to hit CTRL+F5 to get it to work, a few others over on rage3d.com had to do the same I guess. Weird, wouldn't auto-update the site unless I did that.

Linguica said:

what a well rounded individual you are

? How would a person's musical taste determine how well rounded they are?

edit : Well, I think that song does in fact suck after I listened to it a few more times... and it just sounds weak on top of it. I think the comments made about teenage angst fit it quite nicely.

Sounds too umm what's the word.. I don't know, it's just extremely mediocre.

The new doom3.com site is awesome. Fast loading times, great screenshots and info. I like what i hear of the theme song so far too. Good to see doomworld.com on the links page, even though it is under planet doom (a disgrace in my opinion).

I find it funny how easily people can judge a song without even hearing the whole thing but rather only a small fraction of it. It's kinda stupid to judge it so harshly already without hearing the full thing first.

A note about the site --

Those interview clips are from the Legacy video that's been out forever and ever. Dissapointing.

Is that site basically one big port of the cd you get with DOOM Collector's Edition?

mje said:

A note about the site --

Those interview clips are from the Legacy video that's been out forever and ever. Dissapointing.

Is that site basically one big port of the cd you get with DOOM Collector's Edition?

yes, its from the Doom CE. but they added some stuff.

The song sounds wicked to me. Better than Quake 1 intro.

Otherwise i like the update on doom3.com. Sfx looking cool so far.

Melfice said:

It's kinda stupid to judge it so harshly already without hearing the full thing first.

You'd think they'd put the best, most defining part of the song up for download.

Anyway, the song is pretty cool, but Im sure there wont be anything like that in-game.

Nice to see the site finally updated.