Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dittohead

Doom 3 Special on G4TechTV

On the TV show Icons, Doom 3 will be featured on the cable network G4TechTV. They promise to show new footage and insight on the game - promises to be really awesome as the show is usually about an hour long.

Finally, G4 has done something that doesn't completely suck.

Scuba Steve said:

Is that the show with Morgan Webb?

No, sadly. Its a much shittier show, but it has Doom 3 as its primary focus so it can't be that bad.

There was some very nice new footage of lots of stuff there (example: lots of spoilers).

From what I saw in the footage, there some really, really nice things, and a couple of stupid things (mostly because I saw alot of the time monsters pretty much disintegrating almost instantly after they are killed, which is pretty lousy if you ask me).

there is a link to the footage in the spoiler section if u can find it fast enough (ie.. before i get banned)

AgentSpork said:

From what I saw in the footage, there some really, really nice things, and a couple of stupid things (mostly because I saw alot of the time monsters pretty much disintegrating almost instantly after they are killed, which is pretty lousy if you ask me). [/B]

YOU SAW THAT SHIT TOO?!!? My jaw hit the floor! I couldn't believe it. I was like, DAMN this is worst than in Quake3! At least after you die you lie there for a few moments before phase down into the floor. After watching that footage when the ShotGun killed the new demon it was disintergrating before it even landed down to the floor. This isn't what I saw happening on the Doom3-gameplay footage ways back.

DAMN MAN, I don't know about this.........

Tsar,

i like the way they disintegrate. looks really good. and i love the gibbing that they have added.

The disentegrating is wicked cool. At what moment do you think a demon is banished back to hell? The second it's slain or a minute later? I think it's the second they're killed.

Also, with the monsters disentegrating so quick I'm sure there are some monsters I won't get a really good look at. That alone will add to the suspense.

-E

i love how the pinky's metallic legs still lay there after the body had disolved. that was very cool.

Cool, i like the idea, ID did mention when demons die they go back to hell, which makes me worry when you arrive in hell, the monsters will be wanting revenge. :D
Plus the disintegrating bodies will give the game more polish when dead bodies fall through the walls and stuff, since i doubt every enemy will have ragdoll physics.

What happens to the demons you KILL in hell?

Do the mechanical portions of them vanish? :P

Lectrix said:

I recon the pinky will be full organic in hell, well i hope so.

That's what I'm hoping as well. This is the spoiler-free forum so I can't comment on what I know about the monsters in hell but I certainly hope all the monsters down there are pure flesh and blood.

-E

Lectrix said:

I recon the pinky will be full organic in hell, well i hope so.

Why?
If it morphs together with elements from our dimension, then it wouldn't matter if it's in Hell or on Mars.

Yea, I saw the video, too, and I must say that Half Life 2 looks like a joke compared to this!!!

This is sweet!

Arioch said:

Do the mechanical portions of them vanish? :P

No, only the organic pieces "burn/vanish". The metal stays. Very well done!

Zoost said:

No, only the organic pieces "burn/vanish". The metal stays. Very well done!

That is sweet.

Are you absolutely sure though that the way bodies dissapear instantly isn't just a performance option? I don't think it's a bad thing either, but it might just be optional.

i like it when they just fall apart with blood and guts. the ol' doom feeling :)

btw, what the hell is tech tv? is it an actual channel?

dsm said:

Why?
If it morphs together with elements from our dimension, then it wouldn't matter if it's in Hell or on Mars.

I have a feeling the UAC was responsible for the mechanical legs. Not the demons themselves

wtf.....where are the damn videos? Is this an actual tv channel or streaming online?

hmmm i have comcast. how much extra do you have to pay to get g4?

Doom 3 video is on fileplanet.com. The animation of characters was mind-blowing to say the least. Anyone else notice that? IE-the part where the lone hk is standing in front of a portal? I also thought the disintegrating was cool as well, but I hope zombies dont disintegrate. I want them to be able to get back up, that way you dont know if they are dead.

I just watched the video. OH MY GOD! I knew, Doom3 was going to rock but now I am convinced that it will be the best fps since Doom! I like the way the demons disintegrate when they die. I only hope they will leave some zombies and stuff to play around with ragdoll physics.

Skeletor said:

i like it when they just fall apart with blood and guts. the ol' doom feeling :)

btw, what the hell is tech tv? is it an actual channel?

Yup, its a channel that (sadly) only satellite TV can get.

=/

Captain_obvious said:

Doom 3 video is on fileplanet.com. The animation of characters was mind-blowing to say the least. Anyone else notice that? IE-the part where the lone hk is standing in front of a portal? I also thought the disintegrating was cool as well, but I hope zombies dont disintegrate. I want them to be able to get back up, that way you dont know if they are dead.

Knowing from the people who played the E3 XBOX version, the zombies do in fact disintegrate.

I would like it better if the bodies would stay there also - but hey, someone could POSSIBLY mod it into the game so that bodies stay.

chubz said:

Knowing from the people who played the E3 XBOX version, the zombies do in fact disintegrate.

Correction, they 'gib" not disinegrate. I hope they don't all give with any gun though... gibbing with a pistol? C' mon.

Captain Red said:

Kind of reminds me of the vampires die in buffy/angel. If bodies must disappear, then that is the way to do it.

yeah. disintegrating reminds of the way the vamps die in Blade.