• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StarFyre

Error with Spidermaster mind?

Hey all,

Been wondering 'bout this for a while.

http://planetdoom.com/doom3/enemies/

In that section at the bottom, was one of the original monster concept arts that was shown. That, in many sites, and conversations has been labelled as the spidermastermind.

To me, that would appear more to be an arachnotron, since it appears to have an energy weapon instead of a minigun ...

Did ID confirm somewhere, that this image was the newly designed spidermastermind or was it speculation (in which case, I would say it appears wrong).

Later :)

Sanjay

Thats birdman... the first ever monster shown in the D3 engine... I doubt it's the baron. Seems too small, compared to the Hell Knight. I do hope he's in the game though, it's a cool design.

StarFyre said:

Hey all,

Been wondering 'bout this for a while.

http://planetdoom.com/doom3/enemies/

To me, that would appear more to be an arachnotron, since it appears to have an energy weapon instead of a minigun ...

That´s exactly what I keep telling game sites for years, but most people stick to the spider mastermind in their monster sections. :(

Yeah, I really think that's an Arachnotron. id would have to be crazy to totally remove the SMM.

It's probably another boss that they aren't talking about or showing pictures of.

But there are so many unknowns about the bestiary, I'm just looking foreward to playing the thing.

I'm betting that's the arachnatron, cause it looks like a plasma gun on the front of it, which the arach had. The SM had a machine gun.