Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Betchanz

Thinking about Mr Cyberdemon...

I noted that people who have the Pcgamer Doom3 review and posted their impressions of it do not mention what is says about the Doom3 enemies (except for the Cacodemon?). I'm not asking for spoilers, but surely the reviewer would have mentioned impressions of the Cyberdemon? If not, did they leave this out on purpose to avoid spoilers? Also, how in hell would something the size of Cybie be able to fit within what so far seems to be a cramp ua-corp base? Perhaps there are some high domes, or the cybie is located exclusively in hell. I got the impression that the Doom3 engine may be more suited in indoor environments, so no monsters chasing you over the surface of Mars (which would be cool if you ask me). I just hope to hell id have not shrunk the stature of the Cybie to any major degree?

I'm sure to leave out some info to see it for yourself, however I won't disagree with most reviewers being absolutely awful at detail work. They leave out so many little tidbits that they could've commented upon, and such.

Considering the Doom 3 Baron looks about a hundred times more dominating than even the original Cyberdemon, I'd think we could expect some serious presence from the Doom 3 Cyberdemon.

All things being equal, I think the original Doom baron and Doom3 Baron have similar stature, but of course the Doom3 baron looks much more solid and intimidating naturally. If id preserves the original monster size ratios, the Cyberdemon will be a small skyscraper! :)

I guess the Cyberdemon will appear only once in the Game.
Final Boss in Hell or something like that.

I remember one review mentioned "A half-spider creature the size of a T-Rex" and something about an ID employee saying "Thats a minor boss..."

deathbringer said:

I remember one review mentioned "A half-spider creature the size of a T-Rex" and something about an ID employee saying "Thats a minor boss..."

Ahhh, the Spider Mastermind.

EDIT: lol The real question is can you still get the SM and the Cyberdemon to hammer each other to pieces? That would be a spectacle...

DoomUK said:

Ahhh, the Spider Mastermind.

EDIT: lol The real question is can you still get the SM and the Cyberdemon to hammer each other to pieces? That would be a spectacle...

Actually I think his info got crossed with eachother. What he's talking about are two seperate creatures.

There's a half-spider/half-woman creature called Vagary that has an eggsack on it's sack that spawns Trites that's very large, and then there's another creature that's so large that it can't even fit on the screen, and it's not even a boss. I read the preview (not review) he's talking about, it's two different creatures.

What I think would be awesome is if the cyberdemon made everything quake when it walks.

Cajun[CC] said:
Considering the Doom 3 Baron looks about a hundred times more dominating than even the original Cyberdemon, I'd think we could expect some serious presence from the Doom 3 Cyberdemon.

I wanna know where you saw a monster that was confirmed as the Doom3 Baron.

Ah yeah Melfice is right, i also expect to see half mechanical spiders like the Mastermind ("theres a fucking spider up there...its the size of a fucking house!") and Arachnotron, and also a 'normal' giant spider would be pretty cool too..like a tarantula the size of a car or something, or 'jumping spiders' like in "Eight legged freaks", imagine one of those leaping at you from the shadows in a dark hallway..you'd be having nightmares for weeks!

When did they confirm that they would have demons that size? Stuff that won't fit on the screen!

Not that I am upset...I love fighting large, thundering creatures, but I thought I had read every interview for this game...I guess not :)

Sanjay

Betchanz said:

Also, how in hell would something the size of Cybie be able to fit within what so far seems to be a cramp ua-corp base?

Doom 3 is gonna be more than cramped hallways - there has already been screenshots of outside environments and I've seen a few screenshots taken in non-cramped environments.

Why do people always fucking automatically assume that Doom 3 will have nothing but cramped hallways just because most screenshots show cramped hallways? Perhaps they omitted showing huge rooms because they wanna save the best stuff for the game itself?
*Fume*

I want you to prove to me that you've seen the Doom 3 Baron of Hell and that you've read a quote from an Id employee stating that the creature is indeed a Baron of Hell.

Because I sure as Hell haven't seen no Baron of Hell anywhere - I've seen "Birdman" and I've seen the Hell Knight, but no confirmed Baron anywhere.

Heh heh, I'm not assuming that tight cramped environments is all Doom3 will have, but its all I have ever seen (apart from one? early outdoors shot.) Plus, I recall reading in several places that the Doom3 engine was better suited to indoor locals. Hence, I'm thinking either there are huge areas that have simply not been revealed, or and most hopefully not, the Cyberdemon has been shrunk somewhat.

The whole Baron/hell knight thing. Appearance wise, in Doom2 the Baron and hell knight look the same (apart from colour). IF you have seen the latest G4 vid (STOP reading if you haven't) you will know that the hell knight does some decidely hell knight/Baron actions (I won't describe them). So, how to tell the hell knight and baron appart. Certainly what we think of as the Hell knight could also be the baron, in my mind, at this stage.

My mistake. I was thinking Hell Knight. Whatever the big lumbering thing is that I see throwing zombies out of the way in the one video.

Melfice said:

There's a half-spider/half-woman creature called Vagary that has an eggsack on it's sack that spawns Trites that's very large

Hmm.. sounds like a demonic Gonarch.