Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

When I get Doom 3....

I'm not playin' it till I find a way to disable the burning bodies of the Demons

or someone can create a mod that allows demons to have their uniqie death animations (including burning,melting,exploding,and other unique death animations for the Hellspawn)

You're stupid. You know damn well you're gonna play it even if demon corpses sprouted flowers out their *****.

-E

Endureth said:

You're stupid. You know damn well you're gonna play it even if demon corpses sprouted flowers out their *****.

-E

Heh. The Serious Sam games already have flower-gibs. Quite pretty actually, although I don't think it would add to the overall Doom 3 ambience...

Endureth said:

-E

No your stupid because you are insulting people that wants to play the game with their own comfortable style and no I don't
want Demons sprouting flowers out of their asses but I do would want to see them lay there with their own blood oozing from them just like the good old days.

After the first few enemy encounters, you'll be so involved in the game that you will forget all about how they die and be much more concerned about what's around that next corner or if there's anything stalking you from behind.

SirTimberWolf said:

if you want "ultra realisim" go play soldier of fortune.

unless there is mod that creates the "ultra realsim" that Soldier of Fortune has for Doom 3. I wonder why that nobody uses SOF's excellent gore animations for horror games (I know that SOF is really gory but I don't want to play government/military stealth mission games though)

Well, don't play Doom 3 then, if you have to be THAT picky.

I'm going to stop playing the original Doom because dead monsters' sprites only have one angle. Boo Hoo.

As far as I can tell they don't completely disappear. At the very least it seems the mechanical parts don't burn away.

And anyway I don't get who so many people are pissed about this. I think it's a cool effect.

AgentSpork said:

Well, don't play Doom 3 then, if you have to be THAT picky.

I'm going to stop playing the original Doom because dead monsters' sprites only have one angle. Boo Hoo.

But I am going to get Doom 3 but I will somehow edit out the desingergrating and pile up the bodies (I have a feeling that Doom 3 is going to be a non-liner game)

I refuse to play Doom 3 until they relocate the story to be on Phobos instead of Mars, because that's how it was in Doom 1 and 2. That's the way I want to play it, and I'm not going to play it until I do.

I also want a big bowl of ice cream.

Nightmare Doom said:

(I have a feeling that Doom 3 is going to be a non-liner game)

I have a feeling you are 100% wrong

The burning bodies look pretty damn 1337. And I'm sure it will help the fps a lot :P

Nightmare DOOM, do you have any sort of programming knowledge, let alone the knowledge of the new engine?

Good grief, get ready to have D3 sitting on your shelf for six years while you figure out something that really doesn't make any difference at all.

Nightmare Doom said:

I'm not playin' it till I find a way to disable the burning bodies of the Demons

or someone can create a mod that allows demons to have their uniqie death animations (including burning,melting,exploding,and other unique death animations for the Hellspawn)

Oh quit being such a pahetic loser for crying out loud.

If such a small, insignificant detail like enemy corpses disappearing is enough to prevent you from playing a game, then you damn well deserve to be called stupid.
Suck it up and quit being a whiny pussy if you want people to stop insulting you.

The disappearing effect is fantastic it's sure as hell gonna make the game smoother. Plus it will make sure bodies dont clip through objects, which i think is a great idea.
If you wanna see the models so bad, just turn on notarget, i'm sure they will keep it in.

Lectrix said:

If you wanna see the models so bad, just turn on notarget, i'm sure they will keep it in.

Perhaps there will be a Demon catwalk like at the end of doom2

Well one cool thing I liked from the alpha (I can just mention the alpha, right?) was that ragdoll bodies would actually pile on top of each other rather than clip into one another. I tried making a fat zombie pile but they all kept slipping. :S I wonder if the speed at which bodies disappear will be an option for performance. It seemed a bit odd that the demon just disintergrated as soon as the fatal shot hit it, but the effect was cool. Also, I didn't see the zombies disintergrating when they died. Maybe this only happens with demons?

Revenant100 said:

Also, I didn't see the zombies disintergrating when they died. Maybe this only happens with demons?

This is what id said, yes.

deathbringer said:

I have a feeling this thread is going to burn away...

I was kinda feeling that as well.

-E

From what I saw on the newest video clip, it looks like the bodies "teleport" into the ground a la burning pentagram on the floor (same way they teleport in from Hell). It looks cool.

This is almost the stupidest fucking thread in the Doom 3 forums I think I've almost ever seen. After four years people can't find something to bitch and whine about so they're making a fool of themselves and complaining about the theme song of all things and the demons disintigrating. This thread should be in post hell right now.

Melfice said:

This is almost the stupidest fucking thread in the Doom 3 forums I think I've almost ever seen. After four years people can't find something to bitch and whine about so they're making a fool of themselves and complaining about the theme song of all things and the demons disintigrating. This thread should be in post hell right now.

Totally agreed