Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
=laff=Mish

Any Diabloish games you dumb?

Does anyone know if there are any good games out there that use a Diablo type of interface but have a different theme?

check other thread.

if you want a samurai-ish diablo...check out Throne of Darkness. You can control 4 dudes at once even. Be warned: the game is not only ridiculusly tough, it sucks it hard

Quast said:

check other thread.

if you want a samurai-ish diablo...check out Throne of Darkness. You can control 4 dudes at once even. Be warned: the game is not only ridiculusly tough, it sucks it hard

Besides, Throne of Darkness is probably the most blatant Diablo ripoff in history.

I also found a game at Gamehippo called Shadowflare. It's a bit boring at times though. And this free demo isn't that long. (Oh, and the town music is dreadful).

The Icewind Dale series is very hack'n'slash-y. If you've got a PS2, I highly recommend the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games - the best hack'n'slashers ever IMHO.

Dungeon Siege is pretty much a game that tried to be better than diablo. It can be fun, but it seems to lack much balance in items.

Arcanum has a diablo like feel to it. however different story line. i havnt really played it. sence these games are not my cup of tea, that and a girl friend at the time took the game and never gave it back.
if you can find that game add it to the list. from what i did play it looked and seemed alright

divine divinity practically plagiarised diablo's interface and is a great game otherwise.

Psyonisis said:

Gauntlet Legends is pretty similar, although I think it was arcade-exclusive. Fun when playing with many people at once.

It's ported to dreamcast, most arcade games are. Also the sequel, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, is on PS2 and maybe Xbox, I'm a big fan of the series.

Thanks to everyone except Erp. You bastard.

Psyonisis said:

Gauntlet Legends is pretty similar, although I think it was arcade-exclusive. Fun when playing with many people at once.

Yeah I remember playing it with friends at the MIT arcade lounge. I bet it's MAME'able...hmm...

NiGHTMARE said:

If you've got a PS2, I highly recommend the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games - the best hack'n'slashers ever IMHO.

The entire Baldur's Gate series is terrific. I always hated the 'as time passes more people try to kill you' thing, though.

chopkinsca said:

Dungeon Siege is pretty much a game that tried to be better than diablo. It can be fun, but it seems to lack much balance in items.

I really thought the level designs, graphical layout, and ultramultitasking really limited the game.

Sephiroth said:

Arcanum has a diablo like feel to it. however different story line. i havnt really played it. sence these games are not my cup of tea, that and a girl friend at the time took the game and never gave it back.
if you can find that game add it to the list. from what i did play it looked and seemed alright

I wouldn't really call it a hack'n'slash, since playing with the realtime battles option can be near impossible (at least for me, I usually set it to turn-based) :P

But yeah, IMO it's one of the best RPGs ever...

Throne of Darkness had so much potential but faults in design just fucked up. Alot like every game that sucks. So to be more specific, the AI which controls the other 3 characters for you, was extremely terrible. If you had vunerable low hp characters like a spell caster, and you leave it up to the artificial intelligence to control, he's as good as beef teriyaki. And the abovious reason as to why Throne of Darkness was such a Diablo ripoff was the fact that Blizzard liscenced the use of their engine for the Throne of Darkness and some ex Blizzard employees made up the team of designers.

Diablo2 (LOD) is fun. Too bad the majority on Battle net are total asshats who ruin everything with their hacks, cheats and bots.

Last time I was on Battle.net no one was using hacks or anything. Maphack wouldn't even work.

=laff=Mish said:

The entire Baldur's Gate series is terrific. I always hated the 'as time passes more people try to kill you' thing, though.

Have you only played the PC Games? The Dark Alliance games are extremely different.

ducon said:

I hate Diablo... Bleh...

Then what are you doing reading, let alone posting to, a thread about Diablo-ish games?

Twiztid said:

Last time I was on Battle.net no one was using hacks or anything. Maphack wouldn't even work.

I had a lvl 121 guy online...and only played for like 5 minutes. So hacks do work.

I had HC battle.net characters, they all ended up dying, as did my interest in the game with them. Also the cheating tards that liked to pk people ruined it. In standard mode it wasn't so bad, aside from sometimes losing stuff. HC was fun pking people cause in order to reap vengance they'd have to lvl up again, or come back into the game with an uber character. They'd get so choked too that it was humorous being able to cause such agony to people taking it so seriously.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for gameboy advance was basically Diablo, probably the same engine too, but sort of a mini Diablo since it didn't have near as many of the features.

Goliath said:

I had a lvl 121 guy online...and only played for like 5 minutes. So hacks do work.

yeah, on open, not closed bnet...I've had/seen chars with hundreds of levels and millions of stat and skill points

Closed Battle.net owns. Man, I wish I still had that game. :/ Ralmevik was my coolest character ever.

The highest I had was a lvl 77 werewolf druid in 1.09 useast...how can people play a char to 99? god, i had hours and hours of hell cow and baal runs and progression got too slow and tedious...he could go anywhere and do anything and was tricked out to boot, so I felt he needed to be retired. that was 2 years ago and his now naked and expired effigy sits alone on my account to this day

poor guy

level 99 hc sorc on useast, summer 2002

christ, how high did you get on the ladder?

congratulations...'ding' is all? lol

#12, but, highest alive. she get assasinated or you just stop playing her?

fuck...looking at your gallery makes me want to play again...must resist

Danarchy said:

Closed Battle.net owns. Man, I wish I still had that game. :/ Ralmevik was my coolest character ever.

Is that a jewish character?