Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaximusNukeage

Geforce FX 6800 (ultra)

whats the real diffrence between the Geforce FX 6800 and the Geforce FX 6800 Ultra??? since I am about to invest in one I'd like to know the diffrence

Price and speed. I'd say go for the 6800GT, which is faster than the 6800, and only a tiny bit slower than the ultra, at a fraction of the price. Also, the Ultra requires 2 molex connectors for power, IIRC. Go for the GT.

I'll be going for the 6800 GT myself. I'll wait until after Doom 3 has been released and see if the prices come down first though.

-E

Zygar said:

Price and speed. I'd say go for the 6800GT, which is faster than the 6800, and only a tiny bit slower than the ultra, at a fraction of the price. Also, the Ultra requires 2 molex connectors for power, IIRC. Go for the GT.

The 6800GT is slower then the Ultra is, not to mention has half the pipes. The pipes are something you can't get, you need to buy the ultra for those.

Alientank said:

The 6800GT is slower then the Ultra is, not to mention has half the pipes. The pipes are something you can't get, you need to buy the ultra for those.

Now, I was sure the GT uses the same chipset as the Ultra, the only diffrence being the GT has 50mhz knocked off the clock speed and memory frequency.

Oh, I'm pretty pissed off because my GT is going to be another week coming *sob*. Shit.

Zygar said:

You mean only the ultra requires the two molex connectors? I thought all 6800s did?

Two power supplies or something?

Alientank said:

No, they both have 16 pipes. Listen to DoomUK.

-E

Endureth said:

-E

lol thanks Endureth. It's just that I've read up a little on the two 6800 cards, and they're virtually the same thing. Also bare in mind that they're both overclockable, so clock speed is a non-arguement. And yes, the GT only requires one power connector.

Endureth said:

-E

Yes right, but remember the GT is 16x1 and the ultra is 16x2 and there's no way you're going to be able to get the GT to do 16x2.

I just realized that it was you that posted those benches in the post I linked too. So uh yeah, I guess you agree, lol.

-E