Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dron

Stuck on Hell Revealed map 13

I'm currently playing Hell Revealed map 13 on ultra-violence from a pistol start, and I cannot seem to beat the area with the barons, revenants, and lone archvile near the beginning. It is on the area overlooking the beginning courtyard. The archvile reserructs every monster I kill and everytime I try to kill him I get killed by the other monsters. Does anyone have any tips/strategies?

You could watch some demos, they are always a bit helpful.
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/hr.htm
from a pistol start, you must be quick in the beginning... can't let the Archviles do their thing.
One strategy is to kill all, then open the door and kill the archviles before they resurrect a lot; or HOLD them at the door, so you can cause infighting.
or, you can just make a run for it to the big square courtyard and come back for these 2 first rooms... but you better put your dancing shoes on if you choose that path.

Thank you for your help Opulent I killed the archvile by standing in the courtyard and taking pot shots at the archvile with my shotgun and moving for cover if any of the demons threw a fireball or anything.