Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tsareppsun

Anybody saw "PULSE" on TechTV yet?

It was a 30 min special on the "DOOM franchise", It talked about all of id games from wolfenstein3D to DOOM3, and had some small reviews with the casts of id and whatnot. But the stuff that really got my attention was all the new DOOM3 footage they showed. This is what I saw.

1) The new CACODEMON! I think ya'll gonna love it's new design. This bastard looks SICKLY! And I mean that in a GOOD WAY! when it's fireball hits you, "Electric Bolts" flashes bright in your face.

2)I think the game has a Grenade Launcher, similar like the one in Quake2, whoever was playing it was fighting with the Cacodemon.

3)I spotted some footage on how a reguler marine transformed into the commando zombie.

4)Spotted a reguler Former Marine shooting at player with a handgun.

5)Saw a ASIAN marine, alright, some more racial diversity please...

6)When the id staff started talking about 3Dsound in the game. They showed footage of the player moving through some corridors and then you hear a raspy womans voice wispering "WHO TOOK MY BABY?!" then you start hearing a baby crying in a ghastly-like sence. Then the corridor lighting shifted to a reddish color(OHHH HELL!!) I guess id liked that baby crying thingy too, like on the end of the musical intro of DOOM64 and that forest night scene on BLAIRWITCH Project. I think thats when the player will be introduced to that Baby(*It's ALIVE)demon with wasp wings. They also showed more FULL graphic visuals of it on a pc monitor.

7)Showed more of the Archville demon in action. but It looks just like the original sprite base version, but upgraded to 3D. So what happen to that other version that looked alittle like the KLEER monster in Serious Sam? Maybe that's something else then?

Good stuff ya'll, try and catch it when it come on again!

Tsar,

Some of that you mentioned is in the techtv video circulating the net (that is legal, by the way).

mje said:

Some of that you mentioned is in the techtv video circulating the net (that is legal, by the way).

Yeah, That's the last 7 mins or so preview footage from a show called "ICONS" previews from TechTV. But this show was from "Pulse" and it was a 1/2 hour all on the whole DOOM franchise plus some footage wheren't shown on the 7 min ICON preview.

Tsar,

I've really guarded myself from DOOM 3 media since it was announced... So I shall refrain from such discussions until after I buy the game. :)

Shouldnt this be in spoiler filled..oh well...

Hm, and it seems like the new cacodemon doesnt just shoot lost souls, but it has two attacks, that i like!, its like the dark sorceror from one of my wads, but not crap