Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laguna

Guy I know on SA went to school with Carmack

You know he doesn't even look that nerdy today... I think the "current" picture you found is quite outdated.

Hey John Carmack is still my hero and I want to have his butt babies.

Honest to God, if I were a homosexual, I would be his bitch.

He looks like the frontman of the band "The Trews" or vice versa. Hell there's tonnes of people that look like other people.

I bet no one signed his year book. Well, naw, people signed mine out of pitty so he should have also had a few. It would be fun to see what they wrote. Or even what he wrote.

Peace,

The Bruce

It's funny how us nerds (me too) never get much recognition for anything until like 5 or 10 years after high school.

John Carmack is pretty much the Bill Gates of the gaming industry, except he's not a greedy fucker and he makes games for ALL operating systems. :D

Scuba Steve said:

That's because High School doesn't matter.

Sure seems like it does at the time. But you are right; High School really didn't matter at all.

Life after High School is full of ACTION!

Peace,

The Bruce

Laguna said:

Hey John Carmack is still my hero and I want to have his butt babies.

Scuba Steve said:

yeah. after jr high school, I was like eh, why waste 40-45 bucks on year books? So I just never got yearbook in soph and jr year. My senior year, (I just graduated from HS) I got a yearbook, but I never got it signed.

useless warrior said:

Man, that is like if Da Vinci had made christ look like himself in the last supper.

No, because Kevin Cloud didn't even know about it untill he saw the model.

Scuba Steve said:

Are you being serious or are you being sarcastic?

I am only in 9th grade (laugh, I dont give a fuck), so I wouldnt know.

TELL ME BEFORE I DO SOMETHING STUPID THOUGH! :D

Dont fuck around in high school. I'm 20 and still havnt finished.

chubz said:

It's only a waste of time if you already have the skills necessary for earning a living. For example, I knew a alot about computers when I was young and actually ran a computer servicing business on the side for 3 years when I was at high school, and ended up quitting halfway through my final year because school was getting in the way of my work :) I now run two companies, one a web site development and contracted computer servicing business, the other a software development business which employs 3 people.

There are certain skills that I think are really important to learn at school though, namely social skills with other people (specifically, older people - so that means talking to your teachers), and English lessons to enhance your vocabulary so you can write professional-looking letters and communicate effectively to others in the workforce.

A bit off-topic but I thought I should mention it. School certainly wasn't terrribly important for me because I already had many of the skills I needed to run an IT business, so unless you know exactly what it is that you want to do and what skills are necessary - DON'T mess around at school! Do your best and keep your options open for university (AKA "college").

chubz said:

Don't goof off in High School. At least get the basic Math and English skill that EVERYONE needs in life. It is far too often that I see heads explode because I go to a cashier and give them some weird change.

Then after High School think about what you want to do. You might need more school, you might not. I goofed off in high school and when I figured out what I wanted to do I needed to go to University. My basic skills were so bad that I spent an extra two years there just getting my basics up to par. Now I have a cool job and get big bucks. Education is important, M'Kay?

Peace,

The Bruce

etimmerAZ said:

Don't goof off in High School. At least get the basic Math and English skill that EVERYONE needs in life. It is far too often that I see heads explode because I go to a cashier and give them some weird change.

Then after High School think about what you want to do. You might need more school, you might not. I goofed off in high school and when I figured out what I wanted to do I needed to go to University. My basic skills were so bad that I spent an extra two years there just getting my basics up to par. Now I have a cool job and get big bucks. Education is important, M'Kay?

Peace,

The Bruce

Man, I can sooo second that. I screwed around in high school, and now I have to pay a lot more than I should have to, in order to get through college. Schollarships are useful -- and are available almost exclusively to those who earn them. :)