Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anarkavre

Client/Server PureDOOM

Cant connect to master server? I am assuming the master is nonexsistant, am I right?

AlexMax said:

Cant connect to master server? I am assuming the master is nonexsistant, am I right?

More then likely.

Nice to see that there's finally a multiplayer c/s DOOM program based off of ZDoom.

FINALLY! I've been waiting for years! :p

mje said:

Nice to see that there's finally a multiplayer c/s DOOM program based off of ZDoom.

FINALLY! I've been waiting for years! :p

As opposed to CSDoom, ZDaemon, Skulltag...

I don't get it, wasn't this PureDoom (why pure?) based on that BadDoom (that added nothing, but stupidly removed the shareware switch) port of the source? Now it's based on CSDoom? Why CSDoom? ZDaemon and SkullTag have way more stable Client/Server code. CSDoom isn't a very "pure" base either, being a mishmash of ZDoom (which takes from here and there) and Quakeworld.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe it just borrows some c/s code from csdoom, if that is feasible. I dunno. There doesn't appear to be any documentation included. :(

myk said:

I don't get it, wasn't this PureDoom (why pure?)

It's called PureDoom solely to piss you off.

Aha! And I said that solely to piss you off.

As far as anark has told me (since I was beta testing it until my sudden "vacation"), PureDOOM initially used a client/server modifcation to the original netcode, but then the netcode was changed to something based off CSDoom 0.7's (0.62 is much better) netcode for some odd reason.