Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
destx

I can't believe it's not Trite

I spotted this while combing through one of the recent videos, at first I thought they were just trites, but upon closer inspection..

Looks like they've included some kind of Trite variation.

They quoted somewhere that they changed the way the trite looks, has more eyes like a spider now... could just be the new look?

No, I've seen the 'new look' trite, and it was very similar to the old one, but with decayed skin and about eight black eyes.

mmm shrug, still looks like the changed trite to me. However, multiple versions of monsters would be fine with me... just because it's the new millenium doesn't mean I won't accept some rehashed models for the sake of content :)

i remember in an earlier thread, that there was something told about the spidermastermind, and baby spiders coming out of it... i also dont think, that those things are trites, i think they are spidermastermindkids...

They showed the bigger trites in the ICONS documentary vid that just came out. Both variations are in.

Come on! Can't you see what those are? Those are CLEARLY the Trites from the European version.

Wait for it . . .

Metric Trites!!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Ooops, I'm gettin out of here,

The Bruce

etimmerAZ said:

Come on! Can't you see what those are? Those are CLEARLY the Trites from the European version.

Wait for it . . .

Metric Trites!!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Ooops, I'm gettin out of here,

The Bruce

lol yeah, all the enemies in the Euro' version are considerably smaller than the US version... Perish the thought. Wow, you know if something like that ACTUALLY happened I'd probably give up playing computer games.

DoomUK said:

lol yeah, all the enemies in the Euro' version are considerably smaller than the US version... Perish the thought. Wow, you know if something like that ACTUALLY happened I'd probably give up playing computer games.

It would be REALLY funny for those of us who have a proper sense of humor if DooM 3 had a command line arg line /metric where all the baddies were just a little smaller and a different colour. :)

Peace,

The Bruce

I think they have variations on a few of the monsters. Which, imo, is awesome. I remember them saying they had several different skins for the zombies, with differing skin tones etc.

That's awesome they did that. One of the biggest faults in the earlier screenshots of Doom3 was that the zombies were all clones of each other. By adding the variation thing it will improve the game IMO.

DoomUK said:

Yeah I'd go with that. But I still hope they haven't just changed the monster and kept the full-size trites aswell, i.e:-

http://www.doom3portal.com/media/displayimage.php?image=doom_12.jpg

I don't think those things are big. I think that particular shot was taken with the camera lowered to the ground more.

Though on closer inspection, I suppose they are a little bigger than I first thought.