Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

a small ZDoom Undead mod

I've released version v0.1, that has four enemies (one's Heretic's Mummy, but what the hell), with their new sounds and a complete DECORATE file. If you are interested in a 3-minute showoff - go to http://www.republika.pl/newproject/ and to download section.

I could use some feedback - what to change, improve and add. I think this can be really good one day.

heh, /newproject

Except i cant actually do THE /newproject cause you have something to show, which i will look at in a minute...

Okay, the arch vile head doesnt make me think of a zombie, it makes me think of..an archvile head on a normal body. I thought the same thing when i saw the "well made" ghostbusters doom enemy for the first time too, in case youre wondering. The mummy-like enemy is pretty cool i suppose, The 'ghast' still reminds me of arch-vile (well that would be cause it is the ghostbusters doom sprite), it seems to take a little too long to get back up, though i hope it does stay down in the end, otherwise it would be really annoying..ah well, i do like the sound effects, this should be cool with levels attached, like the "Brains" series, which i also like (though the design of the first level wasnt too special)

deathbringer said:

it seems to take a little too long to get back up, though i hope it does stay down in the end, otherwise it would be really annoying...

Well, this is supposed to be one of the most annoying/difficult enemies to deal with, so I give player a chance to get-the -hell-out-of-here while the Ghast is still on the floor.

And you need to gib him, to make him really dead...

Cool stuff.

The ZombieSwats were a little tough to gib (took a BFG blast) and the arch-vile heads do look a little awkward for some reason. Maybe because of the color.

The Ghast sprite is just cool. I always liked it in GBd2 even though I hated fighting it.