Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

behave

i have a question, why does my cyrix 486DX2/66(over clocked to 80mhz) act so much like a pentium? i mean i had a 486dx2/88mhz, and it never ran at the speeds this one does. I mean doom compilers run very fast, like a pentium class CPU at 60-120mhz! Quake also ran extreamly well for being on a 486. So i must ask, is this chip really just a defunct cyrix pentium/486 hybrid. I have heard of companies like cyrix cloneing early pentiums and selling them as 486's to get money, and to say they had better 486 chips

Wtf is a timebot?

Those stupid things that tell you how long you've been online.

Wtf is a timebot?

Those stupid things that tell you how long you've been online.

Bah! I dont care if people know how long I have been on the net.

yea i figured this would get a responcse, as of now i am not pissed at anyone on doomworld. Also why did the subject of time bots get brought up in this post?

hmm... i remember quake being extremely sluggish on my 486/66. my friend with a low end pentium (133 i believe) could play it at full speed.

In the old days the chip makers did sometimes sell faster chips at a lower rating. They were supposed to be at least as good as the chips they were sold as. You might have gotten a 75 or 90 Mhz chip sold as a 66Mhz. They did use that tactic to sell out their last chips as the new ones came out. In other words a 90 that would only do 80 might be sold as a 66 or a 75 for example.

I bought a 133 that all the tests said was running at 150 in those days. I never did mind the free extra power.