Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

John Carmack - 18 min Video.

Hi, I'm John Carmack mmmm. I talk very intelligently...mmmmm...
Everytime I finish a sentence...mmmm...
I have to say..mmmm
rather moan...mmmmm

MMMM

(if you don't believe this, check out the video itself. I can't stop laughing...mmmmm)

Yeah, Carmack's not much of a public speaker, so whenever he has interviews, his mucus dries up and his throat turns into a used condom. Have you ever tried speaking with a used condom in your mouth?

Numbermind said:

Yeah, Carmack's not much of a public speaker, so whenever he has interviews, his mucus dries up and his throat turns into a used condom. Have you ever tried speaking with a used condom in your mouth?

We agreed never to talk about this...

It's gotten a lot better compared to some old interviews I have on my HD. He used to sound pretty much like professor Frink from The Simpsons.

Anyway this thread sucks, and doesn't belong in this forum.

I've read from several sources about the "mmm" but whenever I hear him speak, I don't hear any mmm.

He slides his pitch up on the last word of his sentences, but that's about it.

This topic is so retarded LMAO omg... I've always noticed that mmmm sound. You gotta hear it at the end of the Macworld Geforce 3 presentation of Doom 3. After he's done talking or whatever he keeps going mmmmmm mmmmMMMMMmm and then once more when the guy says thank you to him MMMMMmmm like he can't help it and he's out of control. I just thought omg this guy needs help like bad LOL. Maybe I'm wrong about the mmmm at the end but I swear it's him doing it. He's probly got a bad symptom of epileptic seizure if not maybe he does suffer from seizures or whatever (all those hours at the screen could explain it.). I know some people who blink there eyes alot in a twitching kind of way (i think that's the most common symptom). I used to do that sometimes too. But It was worse when I watched other people do it cause it made me do it. Kinda like when you see someone else yawning you start yawning too. Ever since I started my job and started working out I've never had that symptom. It's preventable too (at least for me and the people I knew). All it is, is like an urge you get to do something and you just gotta stop from doing it.It's rather easy to stop too. I guess some people are lazy and just do it until they start getting seizures or whatever. I don't know...

EDIT: OMFG I just watched it again and this guy really does need to help himself... Poor dude err I mean geek. He is my hero though no matter how mentally screwed he is.

Hey man, don't be making fun of Carmack. He kicks ass. I don't think his mmmm sound is funny at all.

Your right it isn't funny at all when you really think about it... Who gives a shit anyways. I mean this guy is incredible. He's made the most advanced engines ever.

For some reason I sense a Flash video about this mmmmmmm thing...

He's doing that since he's around - why does have to get rediscovered as breaking news with every video?

He's obviously living a good life - doing what he wants to do, making a good living with it, being happily married...

I sense his self esteem is pretty solid to the point where others wish to have only a fraction of it.

Ask yourself - would you walk up on stage with a speech impediment?

Amaster said:

He has a speech impediment. Why is that funny?

He's "humming" because his mind is crammed with the amazing features that will go in his next engine, designed to blow the unreal 3 engine out of the water forever!

doomedout said:

Guys, lighten up! 8 days left and the nerves are showing...mmmmm

Yep, 192 hours and counting ...

He's probably 'mmmm'ing because hes thinking about how to word his next sentence so he can get the point he wants to make across. And he doesit a lot because he's talking about a lot of technical details and stuff...

But yeah seriously who cares. :P

Reminds me of Mr Maicke from South Park, mmm kay. My grandmother use to do that a lot too, mostly when she was eating. Also, the Skeksis from the movie Dark Crystal.

-E

You have a link to this video? Or was this on some bonus cd?

And don't mock the Carmack. He has more money in change that falls between the cushions of his ferraris then all of your salaries combined! Plus, he's the one responsible for DooM. That alone deserves your respect.

Carmack could speak Klingon with a effeminate lispy voice and I wouldn't care. Idiots like the originator of this thread obviously have nothing wrong with themselves therefore must try to insult others.

Delete or close this dumb thread.