Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakin idiot

Hey I'm New

Hey I am new here and I was wondering if you guys could show me around. I got interested in Doom again after playing it as a little kid. I found this place on a search for a good Doom site so I could learn what has become of one of the original and best first-person shooters. I guess I'm here to say, "What have I been missing out on?"

Thanks.

Why would anyone use "freakin idiot" as a username? But then again, mine also sucks, so I shouldn't be talking.

Perhaps you've been missing out on the FAQ.

By the way -- post 97001. :)

Darkman 4 said:

Why would anyone use "freakin idiot" as a username?

Seconded

Dude, why did you make an introduction post? Didn't you read the FAQ? Are you some kind of freakin' idiot?

Oh, right...

Carry on then.

Dont mind these guys FI, they are part of the "drive em away" brigade. They want the doom community to be as small as possible. I have not seen 1 single positive response to anyone new coming here. With D3 comin out, i'd like to think theres going to be more new additions here than in quite some time. Lets try to welcome them in and point them in the right direction. Keep the flames to yourself.

Poppycock. They just dont want the forums awash with "IM noo, B MY BUDDY" nonsense or fresh "discoveries" of things they've all known about for years.

DMFDxUconn said:

Dont mind these guys FI, they are part of the "drive em away" brigade. They want the doom community to be as small as possible.

No, we just want to drive away the stupid people. Posting an "I'm new here" thread implies that you haven't read the FAQ, something that is basically required before posting in any decent discussion forum. It will also ensure that, at least for a little while, you won't be looked upon as particularly intelligent by the majority of regulars, unless you redeem yourself later.

freaking idiot, you should definitely read the FAQ. It was just recently updated with some helpful posting guidelines, so all of our other members should take a good look at it as well.