Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Robert Duffy talks about Quality modes

That is some good news.

Sounds like Medium, High, and Ultra quality arent THAT much different from one another - and that Ultra quality isnt necessarily locked until you get a 512mb card, but if you try to play it WITHOUT a 512mb card, you will get really sloppy performance.

With my Radeon 9800 PRO 128mb, im probably stuck with Medium quality - as High quality works best with 256mb cards ......fuck =/

Well... not too much.

id's games have always taken computers that are two or three times as powerful as the average gamer's system (edit for clarification: to run at max detail) at the time of their release.

AndrewB said:

It sounds extremely bloated and inefficient.

If you're talking about the game's requirements for playing at max details -- I would also call that pushing the common level of technology higher than it is currently. This is a good thing, in the end.

By the way, when was the last time you posted something that had something positive in it?

AndrewB said:

And I suppose you could have done it better right? You could have programmed a totally efficient and sleek engine that renders lights in real time, has an incredible sound system and has other sweet visuals and audio.

BBG said:

And I suppose you could have done it better right? You could have programmed a totally efficient and sleek engine that renders lights in real time, has an incredible sound system and has other sweet visuals and audio.

Of course. :rolleyes:

AndrewB said:

Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

Will you ever have anything POSITIVE to say about any Id products AFTER 1994?

Quake? Sucks.
Quake 2? Sucks.
Quake 3? Don't even ask.
Quake 4? I haven't seen it yet but it sucks.

Doom 3? It FUCKING SUCKS COCK ARGAFGHAGHASFFDFASDSGAGDGASdf.....

AndrewB said:

I thought all that really matters was the gameplay?

As long as it runs smoothly in 640-400 im fine

BBG said:

He would have done it better, it would have only been 4k and run on a calculator somehow. He's. That. Good.

that is a very fascinating post. i cant wait till the future so you can play it at ultra quality mode... damn that is gonna be so fucking sweet. by then i bet ill have enough money to buy a kickass system, top of the line. wonder when a 512 meg card is coming OUT....