Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Hell Revealed 3

I did enjoy the Hell Revealed wads and I wonder that if there's going to be a Hell Revealed 3 for Doom 3?? (large Painkiller style enviorments are required for Hell Revealed 3)

Or a "Nuts.wad" for Doom 3 also??

I can't see how you could possibly make HR-style gameplay in Doom3 - not until computer hardware has become very much more powerful.

That's not to say that there couldn't be ultra-hard maps made for Doom3, but the difficulty will need to be implemented in other ways.

The game will be difficult enough because the monster will have very good AI and will probably be really tough.

Dron said:

The game will be difficult enough because the monster will have very good AI and will probably be really tough.

Then God Mode is the solution

Nightmare Doom said:

Then God Mode is the solution

Then what's the point of creating a wad that's unplayable?!

Dron said:

Then what's the point of creating a wad that's unplayable?!

Just kidding man

But Hell Revealed 3 will still be possible for Doom 3

Nightmare Doom said:

But Hell Revealed 3 will still be possible for Doom 3

Only if it won't be hordes of monsters everywhere.

Dron said:

Only if it won't be hordes of monsters everywhere.

If there is no hordes of monsters then it won't be a Hell Revealed

and I changed my mind about being kidding..you have to use cheats to get through the levels alot faster and without cheats then you have to be extremely fast and heart pounding but if that doesn't save you then sorry you have to use cheats provided for you..simple is that

Nightmare Doom said:

If there is no hordes of monsters then it won't be a Hell Revealed

and I changed my mind about being kidding..you have to use cheats to get through the levels alot faster and without cheats then you have to be extremely fast and heart pounding but if that doesn't save you then sorry you have to use cheats provided for you..simple is that

You just don't get it do you? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE HORDES OF MONSTERS MAPS WITH THE DOOM3 ENGINE RIGHT NOW! You have to wait until hardware becomes more advanced and computers can handle that. And making a game/mod that requires cheating is just plain stupid.

Uh, this just sounds like nonsense. If you really plan to make this thing, I'd urge you not to call it Hell Revealed 3. YD and HN don't deserve that.

Well, see it like this. Doom2 was made in
1994, hr(1) was done and complete in 97,
3years after doom2. So let us see about 3years after doom3 is released. :P

Uhh guys. You do know you can modify the monster's hp and AI smartness and stuff right? HR3 is certainly possible.

DD_133 said:

Uhh guys. You do know you can modify the monster's hp and AI smartness and stuff right? HR3 is certainly possible.

if you read the above posts, things will make more sense.

Well, let's see: If the biggest monster pack in Doom3 is only 5 or so monsters, then i'd expect lots of 10-monsters ambush in HR3 ...

EDIT: Heh, messed up.

DD_133 said:

The problem is not only the difficulty level, it's also the polygon count.

It would be interesting to see how a horde of monsters would react in a group... like... is the AI good enough that the monsters actually work together? Or would they fight each other after being hit by one another? =/

Even if computers could handle it, the enemy behaviors would have to be changed, as well as the player's movement speed. Imps, for example, can now cover more ground than you can in the blink of an eye. And I believe the pinky demon can outrun you as well. Not to mention that your weapons arent as effective as they used to be due to the per-poly hit detection.

Why not use cheats to beat a map, Its a game, Games are made to have fun with, if you dont like the concept dont play it, and play another mod, I really Enjoy cheating in this (Maby its cause i die b4 i see people cause my pc sucks ass and balls and its my only choice) Or because the simple stupidity of it is just fun!

Wait until you get a heptium at 12 Ghz and then you can consider making Hell Revealed 3 for Doom 3.

Besides that, if anybody starts HR3, it'd be better to do it for doom2.

Raptor said:

Why not use cheats to beat a map

What was being proposed here was (amongst other things) something that couldn't be beaten without cheating. That's just bad design. And dumb.

for the love of God, refrain from making any Doom3 slaughter-map mods and pretentiously slapping a Hell Revealed label on it; that's clearly disrespect to the previous authors.

On a higher note, processor speed will increase and we will gradually see more enemies onscreen.