Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mechasam

Things are changing, Doom shouldn't.

Wolfenstein -> Doom -> Doom II -> Final Doom -> Quake -> Quake 2 -> SiN -> Doom64 -> Half-Life -> Unreal T. -> Deus Ex -> Max Payne -> Doom 3...

Where is Doom 2 on this timeline? In the beginning, that's right -- good job. That's where it should stay. The times are changing, don't let Doom be changed. You people work so hard on engines, mods, tcs... pretty soon, in about ten to twenty years, you will make an engine that will finally surpass quake 2!!! Guys, Doom 2 is the best, most classic game out there.. dont mess it up with Quake storylines. I wanna play classic maps that aren't found on failure websites. Doomworld, reform your ways to DOOM.

The infamous Mechaspam has spoken, again.
^_^

Call it the Genesis of present day first person shooters.

(somewhere up there there should be lots of commas to separate adjectives... f*ck english class)

Mechaspam has spoken, again.
^_^

Actually, Quake sucked because it had poorly balanced weapons, pathetic monsters and ugly textures, I dont care if it had a story or not. The story doesn't make a game good, or bad (not a FPS anyways)

why don't you look at it this way:

This community needs Doom3, we need something new, something to wait for, something to look forward to. Good or bad we need it to keep us alive and going. So stop taking it like Doom 3 will bring shame to the Doom name or kill it completely. Just cuz Doom 3 might suck doesn't mean it will make the originals any worse. Besides reinvention is good, it keeps things from getting boring and overdone, it's fresh and alweys welcome.

Guys, Doom 2 is the best, most classic game out there..

No, that's Ultimate Doom.

Erik speaks blasphemy.

Sorta.

Well excuse the fuck out of me, shitface, if I feel like running Doom at 720 by 480 in a window. Excuse the fuck out of me if I enjoy mod or mp3 music to my levels and excuse the fuck out of me if I like seeing nifty new effects to the engine that people have added over the years.

I humbly bow down to the cocksucker that is so much more Doomcore than I.

Quake was groundbreaking and great in its own right just as Doom was. Deflamation of that = blasphemy!

Aliens TC and internet Quake 1.01 are ranked about equal on my wow/fun factor scale. Doom started it all, Quake introduced it to internet gaming on a widespread scale, and quake2 perfected the netcode while providing a much better game to go with it all. They're all great, all classics, so to speak against any = blasphemy!

=P

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

How many anti-source-port topics do you REALLY NEED?

Wolfenstein -> Doom -> Doom II -> Final Doom -> Quake -> Quake 2 -> SiN -> Doom64 -> Half-Life -> Unreal T. -> Deus Ex -> Max Payne -> Doom 3...

Where is Doom 2 on this timeline? In the beginning, that's right -- good job. That's where it should stay. The times are changing, don't let Doom be changed. You people work so hard on engines, mods, tcs... pretty soon, in about ten to twenty years, you will make an engine that will finally surpass quake 2!!! Guys, Doom 2 is the best, most classic game out there.. dont mess it up with Quake storylines. I wanna play classic maps that aren't found on failure websites. Doomworld, reform your ways to DOOM.

The infamous Mechaspam has spoken, again.
^_^

Doom isn't a whale, we don't need to save it.

Well excuse the fuck out of me, shitface, if I feel like running Doom at 720 by 480 in a window. Excuse the fuck out of me if I enjoy mod or mp3 music to my levels and excuse the fuck out of me if I like seeing nifty new effects to the engine that people have added over the years.

I humbly bow down to the cocksucker that is so much more Doomcore than I.

Yeah Erik or whatever your name is! Stop pissing us off!

well, i usually dont answer this kind of post but...

to remain interesting and enjoyable, doom must continue to evolve and change, but it MUST retain its "Doom"-ness. know what i mean? that doom feeling. its kind of hard to explain, but for example... each time i play vanilla doom on e1m8, i turn out all of the lights, jack up the volume on my headphones and go through the level reeeeeeeeal slow.

heh, its just like the first time.

good times,
xooz98

each time i play vanilla doom on e1m8, i turn out all of the lights, jack up the volume on my headphones and go through the level reeeeeeeeal slow.

Try E2M4 or E2M6 that way, ok?

each time i play vanilla doom on e1m8, i turn out all of the lights, jack up the volume on my headphones and go through the level reeeeeeeeal slow.

Try E2M4 or E2M6 that way, ok?

you make it sound like you want him to shit his pants...

Excuse me, but I think we'll do whatever the heck we like. You want classic style maps? There's aproximately 9,352,742,582 already out there. Go play one of them.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Don't forget to turn the music off... but the level has pretty good music for that kind of setting. But some levels just need to have no music....

Don't forget to turn the music off... but the level has pretty good music for that kind of setting. But some levels just need to have no music....

Mostly the ones with crappy music, like E1M1, E3M* (aside from E3M1 and E3M8)...

hey these people work on port because they can. that is their vision of doom and their work of art. if u dont like it dont tell us to hate it too shitface. if u dont like it fine, keep it to your self. stop posting about this ok monkeyfucker. I enjoy these ports just as much as i enjoy plain doom.exe. People work hard on these no only to show use what they know and can do, but because it is their vison of doom as long as to make in very enjoyable so it dont get old after a while. The ports enrich doom agian by showing the devotion of the doomers left, and to give new and old players alike a fresh and new look at a classic game. also we are not turing doom to quake. even if the games use quake features, even if one day doom editing can be done in world craft, even if 3d models are in original doom; Doom, even then, has NOT, i repeat NOT, become quake at all. so shut the fuck up and enjoy your self, and lets those of us who use ports to enjoy our selfs too

Doom.exe and Doom2.exe are still there. Old-fashioned doom engine PWADS are still there. No source port or doom TC is going to make them disappear forever. Play them all you want, o king of oldschool dooming.

Doom.exe and Doom2.exe are still there. Old-fashioned doom engine PWADS are still there. No source port or doom TC is going to make them disappear forever. Play them all you want, o king of oldschool dooming.

There is no DOOM2.EXE. Only DOOM.EXE. It's the same file anyway, why did they have to give it a different name. I renamed it to DOOM.EXE for the convenience. I also edited the Final DOOM EXE to say Final DOOM: TNT / Plutonia, not DOOM 2: TNT / Plutonia. I guess the ID guys were too lazy for it.

TNT and Plutonia are two separate episodes of Doom 2, so I think the titles given fit well.

this doom hater is missing a chromosome or something not to get that doom is still doom and not quake. lets ignore him for the port and doom basher he is