Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demigod

favorite boom levels

There aren't that many well-known ones now, the only one I can think of is Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. Community Chest 2 (see forum) is in development, but not due out for a few months.

(this is referring to actual Boom wads, not ones for other ports that are Boom-compatible)

There isn't really that much. I can recommend these:

Demonized
Brotherhood of Ruin (Ruinbros.zip)
Parallel Dimension

Actually, there seem to be more ZDoom exclusive maps than Boom compatible ones...

Graf Zahl said:

Actually, there seem to be more ZDoom exclusive maps than Boom compatible ones...

I meant boom maps like the kind that will run in prboom.And multilevel or single level it doesn't matter,just not megawads I have just about all of those ;)

Yeah zdoom has a whole slew of great maps.But I can't use zdoom in linux...yet

Demigod said:
I meant boom maps like the kind that will run in prboom.And multilevel or single level it doesn't matter,just not megawads I have just about all of those ;)

Then you mean any wad that's either Doom-compatible, requires a Boom-style limitless engine or uses only Boom features in addition to the standard stuff. In effect, whatever PrBoom will run.

If that is so you will find very many, and the various existing listings in the Forums or elsewhere will be quite helpful.

This should help.

Back in a /newstuff long ago, there was some boom wad that was totally vast, and HAD ro be run in Boom cause it crashed Legacy (well thats no suprise, it'd probably work fine in zdoom). I dont remember much about it, but it had some silver/blue lights that where 'cut out' on the ceiling, quite a lot of green brick, some deep water (with colourmaps, the old and cool way to do it..), and i THINK the episode 4 sky.

Also i think Sacrifice in blood was boom compatible, and that was quite big and cool, probably seems small compared to DV (doesnt everything?), but still, its a very well-made map

Hm, there really should be more pure boom maps..these days everyone goes for scripting ect, its like boom's features where never explored as much as they could have been (unlike Doom's, which map editors where 'stuck with' for years)