Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodeImp

Doom Builder 1.62 --> 1.63

Doom Builder 1.62 came with a bunch of new features and changes, but as with every new thing, it came with a bug or two as well. Because this is something to be expected, I have been on it for the whole day to fix them as soon as they got reported and now I have a little patch available to make it Doom Builder 1.63. You know where you can download it, but allow me to give you the link for all you lazy impse fockers: Download here :)

FP! Good patch, thanks Codeimp. No one knows more about impse than you FYI.

There seems to be a bug of sorts. Every time I try and open the SCRIPS (for legacy/zdoom/anything that uses scrips) it gives me a

Run-time error '424'
object required

then crashes. Rather trying to start a new or open an existing script. as soon as I try, I get that. and I've tried it on every map that uses scrips.

I uninstaled the old vershion and instaled the new btw.

can someone tell me whats up? and yes this is the 1.63 ver

Ai ai, im terribly sorry, I noticed the mouse in 3D mode doesnt work in this patch. Re-download the latest version and it will be fixed as well as an option for the exclusive mouse access.

Hehe, I was about to ask what was up with the mouse support in 3D! Being the good programmer you are, you beat me to it! ;)

It's probably not worth mentioning but if a script lump contains only whitespace on the first line of the script then DB won't detect the lump. Just something I noticed but I doubt anyone would do that anyway.

Has the script been fixed yet? Cause it wont even let me start a new script on a new map. stil gives that object requierd error.

By the way.. just where would you get the 1.62 ver? there isn't any place to download it.

If you type in a texture in the texture bloop (2d mode), and then remove it and put it back to a "-", you get this badpatch thing. if I hit okay and notice it, I can't seem to get rid of it. :-/

Then you most likely have a texture in your WAD file called "-BADPATCH" which is not very smart, since every texture name beginning with the - will be ignored and used as no texture. Solution is simple: rename or remove that invalid texture name.

About the "Object Required" error when editing Fraggle Script; The FS.cfg file which has all definitions for the Fraggle Script was missing the "constants" structure. You can add this yourself to the end of the file;

constants
{
}
Or you can be a lazy ass and download the fixed FS.cfg here.

BAH! My computer doesn't like Doom Builder anymore for some reason. It was working fine 2 days ago after I updated, but today it won't build nodes anymore bringing my map progress to a screeching halt... I wonder what the heck is wrong with it NOW...?

Speaking of nodes, is there any way for it to use Zennode 098a (the commands use / instead of -), and is there any way for the map to be saved and not be required to build nodes?

There we go... it took we nearly all morning, but I finally got Doom Builder functioning again. Not exactly sure what I did though.

ah found it. thanks code.

oh, and is it possible to have 2 texture wads load up together? I really don't want to have skulltag.wad and sftex.wad crammed together. :P

Ichor said:

Speaking of nodes, is there any way for it to use Zennode 098a (the commands use / instead of -), and is there any way for the map to be saved and not be required to build nodes?

Under the nodebuilder tab in the configuration menu there is a 'when to rebuild' option. Choose 'Never rebuild nodes' to disable node building when saving.