Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mivalekan

Still lag

Okay. I still get lag for no reason. I even set it to lowest resolution, and disabled and changed everything in the display section, and I STILL GET THE LAG.

As I'm playing a map in Zdoom, every 8-10 seconds or so I get a random spurt of lag that happens out of nowhere for no reason, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Some specs would help

your system specs, the map it happens on, what programs are running in the backround and so forth
COULD be a direct X problem but im not qualified to say such a thing :p

950mhz AMD Athlon
512mb SDRAM
Radeon 9600 pro 128mb.

Scuba Steve posted his system specs and his are like, half that, but apparently Zdoom runs perfectly smooth for him. (So he says ;/)

I have heard of a common similar issue with Counterstrike on XP. It has something to do with either vsync on your desktop settings or your soundcard finally catches up. search for your problem at google perhaps. gl.

well the newer zdoom versions are beta/alpha tests. so there will be issues. maybe try an older or newer version.

maybe try defraging, or unload you memmory. if you have a shit load of stuff in your system tray(bottom right corner of screen) shut it down! you really only need just the virus scan and firewall, nothing else.

I've got the same exact computer (Tbird 1ghz uc'd to 950), minus the radeon (GF2 instead). Try rebooting. I've occasionally had an unsolicited app leech my cpu off every once in a while causing my crap to lag. (And then I eliminated it >:D) Zdoom 2.0.63's all smooth here.

See if Spybot can kill the CPU leech, also try playing in Windowed mode. It'll be half the FPS, but we'll see if the lag goes away.

http://security.kolla.de