Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

"bathroom scene" still in?

So I put this in SPOILER FREE on purpose since it´s actually nothing, nobody hasn´t seen before: I wonder whether the famous bathroom scene from the alpha version will still be in the game (as well as the other alpha scenarios). The point is, that every previous id game was revealed to the public with content, that was - more or less - cut from the final version. Think about the early Quake-stuff (Dragon flying around medieval castles, monster with axe..) or the animated tongue from Q3A which was static in the final version. And I think the early level designs of Quake2 were cut, too.
So maybe the bathroom scene and other alpha stuff has also fallen prey to the last two years of development and all the stuff we´re so familiar with will rest in peace on a dusty ol´ HD in the id offices.

If you look at the G4tech movie (the extended version) there is a bathroom scene with about 3 zombies. But obviously the Mars complex will undoubtedly be very large, so I dare say there'll be many bathrooms to explore- hopefully one of them will have a (pinky) demon chomping on a zombie...

I say, when I'm off to the Pontius Pilate the last thing I want to see is some great bloody Cherry Hogg feasting on some dead gits Niagara Falls.

Translation from Cockney to American English:

Last thing I want to see in the bathroom is some dog eating a dead guys nuts.

SupremeGeneral said:

LO Frikin L !!!!!

Mens AND Womens too!!!!!!

lol! Yeah, that wasn't really what I wss thinking of but you know what I mean- that scene could still well be in the game.

As far as I'm aware the E3 alpha was literally that. All content was assembled for that particular showing. Trent Reznor mentioned that he "got to work on the content that would be shown at E3", and just looking at the levels you can tell the were specifically built just to run through those parts. So I don't think we'll see any of the exact parts of the E3 presentation in there, but I thin we'll see some similar stuff (obviously).

SupremeGeneral said:

i wonder if pissing increases health like in Duke Nukem...

Hopefully.

MaximusNukeage said:

all the bathrooms could be integral to the game, like 'shit or you lose health' ...nah prolly not

Thanks a lot. You've displayed intimate knowledge that proves you have leaked code from Duke Nukem Forever. I'm afraid you've pushed it back at least two years.