Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
modar

my copy of doom 3 shipped today

I just got an email from bestbuy saying it's on the way. my mind is spinning and I have happy feet.

Somehow, I doubt that. it's only July 28. Of course, it might make sense for Best Buy, consdering when I pre-ordered Doom 3, the pre-order goodies took a grand total of 2 weeks to get to my house.

I am somehow skeptic about doom3, everybody is so excited, I am not sure it'll live up to the hype.

Alientank said:

Whatever. That is total BS.

What? About being skeptical? What the heck reason do you have to believe that it'll be the Messiah, anyway? Don't be such a fanboy.

The game isn't out yet; therefore, you have NO reason to criticise a person for being skeptical. I swear, some of the people in this forum have more blind faith than bible thumpers.

AndrewB said:

What? About being skeptical? What the heck reason do you have to believe that it'll be the Messiah, anyway? Don't be such a fanboy.

The game isn't out yet; therefore, you have NO reason to criticise a person for being skeptical. I swear, some of the people in this forum have more blind faith than bible thumpers.

I was replying to the THREAD STARTER. If I was talking to someone else I'd have quoted them first. Oh and you're one to talk about criticizm? You're the biggest fuckin crybaby I've seen on here. You rag on everything about Doom 3, talking about how shitty it is, rag on Carmacks algorithm saying it looks like dogshit. You're one big contradiction and all you do is piss and moan about everything.

VinceDSS said:

I am somehow skeptic about doom3, everybody is so excited, I am not sure it'll live up to the hype.

You realize people have probably been saying that since before Doom 3 was actually in production.

PC gamer gave Doom 3 a 94 percent, the very SAME score they gave to Doom 1, I honestly don't expect Doom 3 to be a "gigantic" let down but I won't deny the possibility.

I am speaking as a hardcore doomer, not as a common casual gamer.
I am almost sure I'll not find Doom3 very appealing in a "doom way".
It'll be closer to newer or "to come" games.

I am sure that as a game it'll be good. But I might not hastily include it in the Doom pantheon. I might change my mind tho (hence skeptical).

Although I haven´t played it yet, I am much more convinced to find a true "doomish" experience with Doom3, after having watched the latest video/pic stuff. The alpha Doom3 looked somehow different but the new stuff looks "doom" with all the familiar monsters (arch vile, caco) in place and even the colors seem to be doomish to some degree.

Coopersville said:

If it gets a big mapping community, Doom3 will be the shit.

True, I just hope at least SOME people are even WILLING to try and learn this editor. ;)

VinceDSS said:

I am almost sure I'll not find Doom3 very appealing in a "doom way".

Well, yeah. Quite a different style of gameplay (aside from obvious shooter similarities) + presentation + pacing + atmosphere compared to original. I'm looking forward to a more 'cinematic' experience with this one. A super-immersive and well-paced creepfest is just what I've been craving in the games department for some time. Combine that formula with id and the Doom franchise and you can't go wrong for that particular taste.

chubz said:

True, I just hope at least SOME people are even WILLING to try and learn this editor. ;)

A friend of mine looking to get into Digipen (video game design school in Microsoft country) has been fiddling with the editor from the Alpha. Even that early version had great potential, he told me. Very intuitive and does a lot of the work for you (whatever that means). Don't know if this applies to the final build, but the Alpha editor was built INTO the game interface. Press a button and you're in the editor, press it again and you're in game again. Pretty cool.

modar said:

I just got an email from bestbuy saying it's on the way. my mind is spinning and I have happy feet.

Uhh, and when did your tracking say it will arrive?

Well obviously there isn't a consistent consensus among the varying BB locations. The first one I called, one closest to where I live, confirmed they'd probably get the game by Monday, Sunday being the ship date (the 1st). For verification I called a Seattle location and the supervisor there claimed they weren't allowed to put products on the shelves before the date they're advertised to come out. Go to the BB website, you'll see 'Coming Aug 4' on the Doom 3 product page. So, in all honesty, I don't know if its going to matter at all if I switch my pre-order over to BB, seeing as how they may not be allowed to give out copies even if they do get it in on the 2nd. Me confused. I need advice. And I'm bored. Damn...I really need this game now lol.

Alientank said:

You're the biggest fuckin crybaby I've seen on here. You rag on everything about Doom 3, talking about how shitty it is, rag on Carmacks algorithm saying it looks like dogshit. You're one big contradiction and all you do is piss and moan about everything.

<3

AndrewB said:

Andrew, you're contradicting yourself by making an ambiguous message about your stance on Doom 3. Doom 3 sucks, remember? There's no "the game's not out yet so play it first" side to you, it's "this game is a piece of shit and though I don't say it I could probably do better." So why are you posting in such an ambiguous manner? Doom 3 uses a "bloated and inefficient" engine and you "could do better."

We would all love to see your brand new multi-million dollar invested game. Otherwise, quit being such a god damn miserable, pathetic excuse for a forum butter troll. Okay? Thanks.