Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

doom3 newstuff soon?

I wonder whether doomworld.com will allow doom3 mapping submissions for newstuff in the near future. Also, will doom3 monsters be added to the upper left pictures?
Or will these things stay "classic Doom only" ?

The masthead pictures already include some of the monster pictures.

I see no reason not to include the final versions when those are out, after an appropriate spoilers period.

I'm intrested in this subject too. If I make a Doom 3 map, where do I put it?

Definitely somewhere else. The Archive doesn't even accept Quake or Unreal submissions anymore. Much less DOOM 3, I'm sure.

Guess people will just have to get paid webhosting, or patehtically try to upload a 20 meg file to geocities and be shut down

If the game requires 20MB for simple mods, then that means that Doom 3 is simply not designed for modify-friendliness the way Doom is. In my opinion, that's a huge hit to replayability and overall quality.

AndrewB said:

If the game requires 20MB for simple mods, then that means that Doom 3 is simply not designed for modify-friendliness the way Doom is. In my opinion, that's a huge hit to replayability and overall quality.

In other news, Doom 2 isn't as mod-friendly as paper rock scissors. That's a huge hit to replayability and overall quality.

Umm, Doom 2 is more mod-friendly than RPS. It's easier to create interesting environments and fun new patterns of play. There's no indication that this will be as easy with Doom 3.

The first levels people makes will probably be crap anyway. Doom 3 editing probably requires a much larger skill set, and it is probably not as easy to mix and match map components either.

who knows it might be really simple and Id has like retard bars generators so all you need is an idea and the game itself will light it for you. Like UT2004 Editor.

Actually, that would be closer to the ideal. The faster from idea to implementation, the better the system.

Deathmatcher said:
Well, but it´s a Doom archive, isn´t it?
The question is: Is it a .wad archive only?!

This is possibly the most accurate description you can get, short of asking Ty.

As for DOOM 3; many other places will take the focus of add-on uploads, and it's a totally different game from the first two, with entirely different file specs and file sizes. The Archive is composed of files of up to only 50 MB, is a low bandwidth operation, and exists to keep the stuff for these old games...

myk said:

many other places will take the focus of add-on uploads

You mean like fileplanet? Or something else?