Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Szymanski

Manhunt pulled from shelves in UK

It's been withdrawn from many retailers in the UK after the murder of a teenager. The attacker apparently played the game a lot, just as I do.

here we go again >:(

After reading the article, I'd have to say that the murderer is obviously an idiot who is easily influenced by the actions of fictional video game characters. And I doubt the parents of the victims will win the lawsuit.

Oh, that's what you meant.

It's bullshit is what it is. First, they used Doom as a scapegoat for a shooting at Columbine just because the happened to own a copy of the game, and now this. They don't even have any solid proof linking the shootings to the games. How dumb are these assholes going to get?

What next? Are we going to sue Namco because Pac-Man made kids overweight and got them hooked on stimulants?

I have seen a lot of fucktards owning games that are NOT supposed to be sold to them.
Fucktards's parents would do anything to keep the child quiet ... you know how kids are annoying when they are spoiled and used to get everything they want.

Ichor said:
What next? Are we going to sue Namco because Pac-Man made kids overweight and got them hooked on stimulants?

hmmm... I wonder how much I can sell that story to today tonight for...

That's retarded. It isn't violent video games that make people violent, it's stupid people that make people violent. Unless the person is stupid enough to try something from a game anyway.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I haven't wanted to try some executions from manhunt though. But have I actually done them? NO!

Twiztid said:

That's retarded. It isn't violent video games that make people violent, it's stupid people that make people violent. Unless the person is stupid enough to try something from a game anyway.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I haven't wanted to try some executions from manhunt though. But have I actually done them? NO!

To make less stupid kids (and potentialy less violent) you need
- to take some of the kid's time off the TV, video games and sports.
- and make them do some more homework, read a few books or just speak with them about something different than sports, dumbe joke, the next ultra-fashionable car/motorbike, video games or grandma's burning farts.

Kids become what you let them become ... too much parents dont understand that. If you let a kid do what he wants and get what he wants he will become a brainwashed, ultraselfish, unmannered moron.
A minimun of education is the key to a better world. Stupid population is what every governement crave for...

VinceDSS said:

Stupid population is what every governement crave for...

Hm. Perhaps. That's a nice thought for the moment, at any rate.

It's not the game it's the sick world we have created and are forced to pay for. There is sin and violence everywhere, we can't use video games as a scapegoat forever if we want to solve things in the mess we created.

Good game, but I've been stuck at the shootout in the mall for..a long time. I can't take these guys!

I just hate the people who blame happenings on things that probably had no influence on the person.

Like the whole Beavis and Butt-head fire issue, that kid set his house on fire and his parents where like "OMFG OUR SON S3T HIS HOUS3 ON FIER B/C BAVIS AND BUT-HEAD 2LD HIM TO1!1!!!11 WTF LOL" From then on out Beavis and Butt-head was fireless.

I just hate people like that.

The guy was just fucking crazy and he could have killed the kid and played games like solitare. Some people are just fucking nuts and kill other people, and you should call it that not blame video games.

Ichor said:

HAHAHAHA

Bashe said:

I just hate the people who blame happenings on things that probably had no influence on the person.

Like the whole Beavis and Butt-head fire issue, that kid set his house on fire and his parents where like "OMFG OUR SON S3T HIS HOUS3 ON FIER B/C BAVIS AND BUT-HEAD 2LD HIM TO1!1!!!11 WTF LOL" From then on out Beavis and Butt-head was fireless.

I just hate people like that.

Are you serious? Is that why Beavis and Butthead got cancelled?

Ralphis said:

Awesome, I hope they pull the game here too

hahaha

Manhunt is decent. Doesn't quite have the right movement characteristics. That's about the biggest complaint I've got with it though.

I enjoy stabbing people in the face with glass shards. :)

Relica Religia said:

B & B was (regretfully) cancelled simply because of low ratings.

I'd fight to have them put back on air, though.

They are back on the air.

Bashe said:

Wasn't that kid like 2 or something and they didn't even own a t.v.?

CapNapalm said:

People do not turn violent just by playing video games. Period.

Agreed

I think it's the accumulation of violent game or TV contents that can fuck up some retarded people.

If you are a normally intelligent person, you should be safe :)

Maybe some games and TV shows/movies should be limited for some stupid retards ? :) ? These people tend to be influenced easily...

Heh, i actually bought tha paper, besides the fact they badly (or just didnt) research most of the stuff about the game, it was pretty hilarious anyway, they used the "You won by killing and killing and killing" quote from doom 2 to describe doom 3, along with a load of mis-quoted stuff from the pre-order boxes the 'journalist' probably nipped into HMV to look at on his lunch break. But then they also said doom was to blame for Columbine, when the US high court ruled that it wasnt...but then the Mail are against democracy anyway, they make no secret of thier support for the Pro-hitler Oswald Mosely, and on a recent BNP (Nazis) rally someone was holding up a sign saying to buy it

Ralphis said:

Awesome, I hope they pull the game here too

Heh, damn conservatives.

Anyway, it's always games getting the rap. It's how it's been ever since MK1. Though there's a lot of violence in the world, even in daily newscasts and on Fox news specials. What about those? They do blame the media too, sometimes. But what about bad parenting? They always seem to overlook parents who think God told them to beat the fuck out of their kids. The other possibility that's overlooked is the fact that some kids are just stupid and make terrible choices. Just like adults too. Everyone does it to some extent. And in both spheres, there's people who make choices like this that get them landed in prison. Kids are not pristine, they are not perfect...they're as corrupt as the world they live in, the world adults messed up...with or without video games.