Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mechasam

lost inspiration

I was playing Doom 64 the other day, and I was thinking to myself, "Ya know, I ought to get back into mapping."

So I installed WadED and Wintex on my computer (took less than 5 seconds) and started makin a fun Dead Simple-type map. Suddenly, I realized that that's not in style anymore. Nobody likes fun, classic maps like that. They like maps with... oh God help me... plots! LOL, Wads have plots now? I must be gettin old.. and I'm only 17...

That just totally discouraged me from finishing my fun level.

I know I'll receive complaints, so just place 'em down there ---> ,,

I dont care much for plots most of the time. They can be nice sometimes though, depends on the style of the map.

I am pretty sure that people still like old style maps. Map07-style gameplay is often fast and violent which is the essence of doom. So finish your level. I for one really wants to play it =)

I'm glad to hear that, Erik. Maybe I should form an alliance of old school D00Mers who share their old school, yet fun, maps. God knows Doomworld doesn't care about us old farts (16-18 yr olds that is).

Heh, well I'm releasing all the maps I made back in '94 and '95 whenever I finish them, and they are OLD classic-style maps. I know most everybody won't like them, but too bad.

Heh, well I'm releasing all the maps I made back in '94 and '95 whenever I finish them, and they are OLD classic-style maps. I know most everybody won't like them, but too bad.

I will proceed to hate them with a passion, and transfer that hate to you, your relatives, and your cat.

I will also transfer that hate in a big cardboard box marked "NOT ANTHRAX".

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

I use a seriously outdated Doom level editor called DoomCad... but it works.

I use a seriously outdated Doom level editor called DoomCad... but it works.

Works like your mom, it does.

I used doomcad until one mounth ago, then I felt that I had enough experience to try deth. Deth is much better, but doomcad is still the simplest, most easy to use one out there. (It's damn hard to correct any errors in it though)

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

(It's damn hard to correct any errors in it though)

You got that right. I was trying to make a Deathmatch level, and for some reason, I couldn't get all the sectors I wanted closed closed, so, I'll keep trying.... My last thing I worked on is a SP or Coop wad (prolly better with coop) with a kinda creepy atmmosphere, with very dark pathways... Too bad I only got 3 sectors done so far. Ha ha ha! Oh well. I'll try my best. I'm pretty new, but I'm sufficing.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

And what the heck is with me having only 87 posts!? I used to be a member! Prolly cause some topics got deleted *cough*Hoop-dee Doop-dee 5*cough*.

3 Sectors eh? =) I'd like to play the level when it's done.
I just uploaded my newest level, eaEuro01.zip to idgames, hopefully it doesn't get eaten by galley.zip... you can try it out if you want. It has about 80,000% as many secors are your wad ;-P

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Well, when I started on it, it was about 5 minutes till dinner time, and I kept testing those three sectors to see if the lighting was dark enough. Dinner was good though... stuffed potatoes, applesauce, and some sweet ham. Then I went over to a relatives house so I could use the computer I am using as I type. Then I stayed the night.... and here I am.

And what the heck is with me having only 87 posts!? I used to be a member! Prolly cause some topics got deleted *cough*Hoop-dee Doop-dee 5*cough*.

You deleted it yourself. If you delete a new topic, all the replies under it that get deleted get taken from your postcount, not the respective posters.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You deleted it yourself. If you delete a new topic, all the replies under it that get deleted get taken from your postcount, not the respective posters.

I knew that.

who share their old school, yet fun, maps. God knows Doomworld doesn't care about us old farts

And the most often played deathmatches using Zdaemon are Dwango levels... can't get more old school than that

mechasam ,dude, just shut the fuck up! if you dont like doom anymore, then play half-life or quake! now shut the fuck up!

footman, i didnt say i didnt like doom. i said i didnt like maps that are like quake. its so hard to find decent, classic maps. READ MY message instead of closing ur eyes and typing blindly.

oh and another thing, dont get pissed at me cuz u got fucked in the ass too many times.