Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LowJack

Gamestop about to ship game?

I just logged into my gamestop account to check my order status and it now says processing, instead of the eta 8/3/04. I take it the game should be shipping out real soon. but then again this is my first time ordering from gamestop so hopefully it doesnt show processing for the next 4 days.

Hmmmm . . . I think they get it the 3rd. Well, I hope not as well, if you can get yours on the 3rd maybe I can pick mine up there as well on the 3rd.

I'm getting that with mine also. I ordered from ebgames and my status has changed to open with a description of "being prepared for processing".

Could mean any number of things though.

-E

MaximusNukeage said:

it dosent mean any thing, its bullshit. there gonna ship it the 3rd

Yes yes we know AND your GF has D's and we are jealous.

;P

I actually switched my pre-order today from EB to Gamestop. Why? The guy there said the computer said its shipping on the 30th! I might have the game by Sunday! Although he said they usually only get shipments in on Tuesdays, its still a possibility it'll arrive before then. After I finalized the pre-order he said if I didn't receive a call by Monday then check in with them.

So it appears some Gamestops are receiving it early and others aren't for some reason. The other Gamestop in my area, when I queried them about the date, said they weren't allowed to put titles on the shelf before their street date. Me thinks not all of these store managers are as by the book as this one was.

It could all be BS and just some glitch in the computer date. Who knows. I'm still gonna get the thing in less than a week anyway. More than I can ask for. Although if I do get it early, either Sun or Mon I'll post shots + impressions (like everyone else on here has said).

My Gamespot account said that 5 days before I got my UT2004....by then I could have gotten it in the stores...and I even had overnight.

Goliath said:

My Gamespot account said that 5 days before I got my UT2004....by then I could have gotten it in the stores...and I even had overnight.

I suppose its good that I chose to invest my pre-order in a store rather than via online ordering. I'm realistic: I'll probably see it the same day I'd be able to get it at EB, but even the slight possibility of getting it earlier will draw me in.

Bastardss...,,, I gotta waitt and buy minee at some damn computr store I havent pree ordered mine. I'll prolly be waiting an extraa 2 weeks after you guyss before im playing it.

Tyockell said:

Bastardss...,,, I gotta waitt and buy minee at some damn computr store I havent pree ordered mine. I'll prolly be waiting an extraa 2 weeks after you guyss before im playing it.

Not too late, dude. I made a pre-order just today at Gamestop. I'm pretty sure most places are still accepting them. Get on with it, man! If you can afford the game, $54.99, then you can afford a small slice of that which will act as the pre-order deposit. Hopefully you already knew this. If not, then not many people can help you.

judasboothfan said:

It could all be BS and just some glitch in the computer date. Who knows.

That's probably what they will claim later once they have stolen everyone's pre-orders from Ebgames and others. I'm sticking with Ebgames, this gamespot business sounds pretty fishy.

-E

SupremeGeneral said:

Yur kidding???

I reserved with gamestop too!

They're gettin a call tommorow.......

Trying to access a huge thread about this Gamestop business over at Planet Doom. Unfortunately their server is on the fritz (was indicated so for the 29th anyways). Hopefully my pre-order swap was not done in vain (if I still get the game eventually I don't know how it would be).

I've had games sent to me before their "official" relate dates before (f.ex I got Thief 3 two days before it was out in the shops), so it's possible.

judasboothfan said:

I actually switched my pre-order today from EB to Gamestop. Why? The guy there said the computer said its shipping on the 30th! I might have the game by Sunday! Although he said they usually only get shipments in on Tuesdays, its still a possibility it'll arrive before then. After I finalized the pre-order he said if I didn't receive a call by Monday then check in with them.

So it appears some Gamestops are receiving it early and others aren't for some reason. The other Gamestop in my area, when I queried them about the date, said they weren't allowed to put titles on the shelf before their street date. Me thinks not all of these store managers are as by the book as this one was.

It could all be BS and just some glitch in the computer date. Who knows. I'm still gonna get the thing in less than a week anyway. More than I can ask for. Although if I do get it early, either Sun or Mon I'll post shots + impressions (like everyone else on here has said).

yeah, I asked my local gamestop. Guy said, "The computer is showing that d3 is coming in on saturday."

Zygar said:

And it turns out that it was a computer error.

But I, being poor have only my dreams.
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.

Skeletor said:

But I, being poor have only my dreams.
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.

"What is the moral of this story? Women and no damn good."
-- Dabney Coleman

if its NOT computer error and gamestops do indeed have them tomorrow (or before the august 4th release date) do only people who ordered them to go to their homes get it? i pre-ordered from the store for store pickup. could i pick it up from the store early? (ie tomorrow).

Lol its funny, we've been waiting for a couple years for D3 now 3-4 days of wait is an issue.

I just spoke with the Gamestop, just down the street (DFW area) They have my reservation. According to the employee, they are not allowed to sell until Monday at 7pm. If they violate this, people are fired, etc, etc. She said she does not think they copies are there yet, but will be there Sunday night or Monday. So...if everything I am hearing is right. It sounds like actual street date is the second! Interestingly, she did ask my name and verify my reservation before she would tell me that.