Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

RTC 3057 Hub 1 Ready to Go

For those of you who don't have rar,try the freeware app ICEOWS.It can open but can't create rars.Rar makes zip files look ugly.

I'm just finishing Deck 4. I can exit to the next level (Deck 2, I believe), but there are three areas I can't get into in Deck 4: the second sleeping room, Cell #1 and the room with the chaingun. I thought I was pretty good with puzzles, but these have me stumped. Somebody please post or send me the solutions. Or make demos of each level available. That would be cool.

Why does it say "Registered just to make one post" under my user name in my last post? How do you punks know how many posts I'm going to make?

Oldfukka said:

Why does it say "Registered just to make one post" under my user name in my last post? How do you punks know how many posts I'm going to make?

you look like your gonna be real productive.

RTC-3057 rocks the dance floor

edit: i loved the disco floor code thing

Oldfukka said:

Oh goodness. We've got a live on here, for sure.

Anyway -- there's a secret "map" or something, isn't there? I think I read that...

If so, anybody know how to get to it? Or did I just dream that up somehow?

MaximusNukeage said:

you look like your gonna be real productive.

RTC-3057 rocks the dance floor

edit: i loved the disco floor code thing

That code thing on the dance floor DOES rock. The cool thing about it is how the code was posted on a monitor in another room. Didn't know what the hell it was at the time, then I see that disco floor. I'm gonna love this wad...

I'm really looking forward to hub2 now. It is going to be much darker than hub1 (not that hub1 didn't have its own scary/moody parts).

Oldfukka said:

I'm just finishing Deck 4. I can exit to the next level (Deck 2, I believe), but there are three areas I can't get into in Deck 4: the second sleeping room, Cell #1 and the room with the chaingun. I thought I was pretty good with puzzles, but these have me stumped. Somebody please post or send me the solutions. Or make demos of each level available. That would be cool.

You have to "unlock" those areas on deck02!

I've played through for a while now and have liked it a lot. As has been said before probably the most professional looking wad ever. I think it can be most directly compared to Daedalus, and I've certainly enjoyed RTC more so far. So far I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of ammo (I had a feeling it might be really tight, but it's worked out fine so far), but I agree with Mordeth that there needs to be more health packs. I seem to remember having gone through entire levels on 2% health without seeing as much as a health bonus.

The architexture and detailing is beautiful. The first thing that really wowed me was the first time you get a look into the lobby through the windows on deck 2. Dron said there was no 'copy and paste' Vrack3-style detailing, but if I am honest, I think the only slight niggle I have with the architexture is that some of it is a bit copy and paste and symmetrical (iddt on deck 2 and you will see the same structures all over the place). That's not to say it doesn't still all look beautiful though :P

My main concern is how long it will take to make subsequent hubs, and how likely we are to see them all finished. Considering there are more than 5 more planned, and considering how long Hub1 took to create, I would have thought the development time is going to be a matter of years. Obviously the next hubs won't take as long, but I still can't see anythign new from RTC in a long time. The fact that the Project Leader is probably one of the biggest Doom3 fanboys on the forums has shown a keen interest in Doom3 probably doesn't help matters either :P

All I can say is, if anyone's overly concerned with the length of time future hubs will take to create, why not join the team and help reduce that time? :)

NiGHTMARE said:

All I can say is, if anyone's overly concerned with the length of time future hubs will take to create, why not join the team and help reduce that time? :)

heh yeah. We're only 3 mappers, and I don't know how much more you and Cyb are willing to do :P
Anyway. 3/5 hubs are under construction atm.

I "would" help if I could map so well and if I wasn't already head first into my own large time consuming project. I just spent all week working on my CC2 map just so I could get back to DTCA when I get home in 2 weeks.

I wouldn't mind helping out too. :) I'd need some ramp-up time on ZDOOM editing tho, so I don't think I could make anything super-duper until then. Course I could help out with music, but I don't think my style would fit the project.

Well, tech maps are my speciality and I've always thought about doing some dark future stuff eventually, so I'm up for it. It shouldn't detract from my own projects (current and future ones), as it's good to do something different alongside.

geX said:

I am also willing to help ;)

Now wait a minute... :P

Fanatic, The Ultimate Doomer: We're currently discussing the situation. Hang on :)

Hmm, i remember at the end of DSM's story of doom 2, he mentioned the humans fought back with "Secret weapons", i suppose now we know what those "secret weapons" are, seeing as he did write both stories

I have a little problem over here...
I found 3 out of 4 Power Restoration Screens.
The 2 in the labs and one on the east side of the lobby.
Where is the missing one?

Bastet Furry said:

Where is the missing one?

There's a powerCon station inside one of the personnel quarters.

I rarely post here anymore but I have to after playing this. I always check the main page here to see if any of the long awaited mods have come out. Since I had played the demo I knew what I was in for when I saw that hub 1 was released. I had no idea it would be this good though. I was actually SCARED. Of all the games I've been playing lately nothing has scared me like this. The whole atmosphere with the music and just the whole concept. And those weird hallucinations. Not to mention the ambient noises that would randomly play etc. Good job guys.

Ok, i am finished, where is the next hub?
I would even play a beta and report bugs if i just could get forward with the story ;)

Bastet Furry said:

I would even play a beta and report bugs if i just could get forward with the story ;)

The story is constantly being worked on. Though the basic storyline is pretty much done, Shaviro and I keep coming up with ideas to minor story elements that we could change to make it more immersive/make more sense, plus we constantly think up new, cool ways to tell the story.

The hub1 storyline actually ended up being more in-depth than what was originally planned, but Shaviro came up with the hallucinations and the idea of player logs and that really provided a story-telling boost and gave me a few extra ideas.

The hub 2 storyline is gonna be really intriguing.

Hmm, couldnt you thnik of some friendly NPCs?
They give you a "subquest" and for solving it you get some nifty gadgets.
Why do have MOBs[1] inside doom always have to be an enemy? ;)

Another thing would be if i could see what key items i have picked up.
Make up an inventory, at least sort of.
If this means you have to tweak zdoom itself, then for gods sake do it!

[1] Moving OBject

Bastet Furry said:

Hmm, couldnt you thnik of some friendly NPCs?
They give you a "subquest" and for solving it you get some nifty gadgets.
Why do have MOBs[1] inside doom always have to be an enemy? ;)

Another thing would be if i could see what key items i have picked up.
Make up an inventory, at least sort of.
If this means you have to tweak zdoom itself, then for gods sake do it!

[1] Moving OBject

NPCs are planned for later hubs - in fact, one of the hubs being worked on already has NPcs, so it's not like we can't implement them ;-)

dsm said:

NPCs are planned for later hubs - in fact, one of the hubs being worked on already has NPcs, so it's not like we can't implement them ;-)

Ok, i am satisfied and cant wait to get the next hub on my hdd ^.^