Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Music to listen to

What kind of music do you or would you listen to to make a wad that's supposed to be scary more scary? Such as tracks from PSX Doom or N64 Doom.

Whenever I play Brains! 2, I play the song Breakdown from N64 Doom to help the atmosphere feel more scary that it already is. Also, I played Asylum of the Wretched with the PSX Doom Hangar song once, even though the given song for the wad works well.

Can't stop the rock. oh, and those soothing sounds in PH.
(to be serious, I don't know... hard to beat the ones you mentioned... some chamber music can be eerie)

Yeah, the music they leave with their levels usually sets the atmosphere that they want the level to have and are usually appropriate.

Saying that, there is often diabolical music which accompanies levels. IMO music can either enhance or ruin a level--it has quite a bit of influence on me personally.

I really wanna try that Hospitalization song but every link I try to go to is broken dammit!

Yeah, you guys are right, sometimes the song they put in for the level works for the level but sometimes it's just wrong for the type of level.

go to nurserycryme.net ,click the logo to enter, click the word "sight", then of the 4 icons, click on the left, then the middle, to go to the SH2 section.... theres a bunch of words, some are links, click the "listen" word and then go to the "notes" to get to all the creepy-as hell background music throughout the game. they all would fit, the two "hospital" tracks are my personal favs. it doesnt include the official soundtrack, but it basically has what the official ST doesn't..... i know there was one site where you could download it, but i cant remember or find it.... but thats okay, because all the creepy stuff is on nurserycryme.... but i would still look, because the OST has some pretty creepy stuff as well, like the music that plays while walking to the town, etc...

Wow...I'm listening to Hospitalization right now...sounds pretty scary so far...I'm not too far into it.

Music from the movie "The Ring", "The Eye" and of course 60's Mods music!

Bwahahahahaha>choke<bwa x_x i'm dead

daimon

That depends really, however, it is true that listening to specific mus lets You create specific things, so music could be treten as an inspiration. When messing and editing with Doom I usually listen to Q2/Doom/RE soundtracks, the SShock soundtrack is also good to listen, and there is always Fanatic and his mus :D.

60's Mods music!

LOL, My brother used to play AvP with the GTA London music on, it wasnt a scary with some stoned bloke going "Its top pop, the sort of pop that makes you go pop!" over the action

two wurds
"big pimp'n"

i cant hear that song and not laught, i think of that horrible realultimatepower.net site every time i hear it.

dont think doom and rap mix, even worse combo would be doom and country or doom a some club music.

i use just the default music. silent hill, quake, quake3 and such also work good