Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

just got doom gba! already done some music.

Ok, the only place in my city that got Doom GBA was EB, which only got 2 copies. I got the first one! What an honor!

I love Doom GBA! Who cares if the blood is green? It plays like a dream! It's as fast as the PSX, with the same Doom 1 levels. That means the missing levels are: tower of babel, slough of despair, dis, and warrens. the alternate hell keep is in there, along with hell gate. It's awesome! No reused sounds. They're the PC sounds, not the console sounds. The music is great as well. It's better than I'd imagine it to be. A must buy.

If you want to hear some of the music, I encoded some already. It's only on the ftp so far, under the doom music directory. I know there's still some static, but I still have to play around with them some more. They'll all be done and on the web site next Friday. Here's a link directly to the folder:

ftp://doom:doom@doom.wrong.button.com/doom music/gba doom/

enjoy the mp3s! i'll be enjoying the game!

The music is messed up in terms of instrumentation, measures, among other things.

Then again, for a handheld, it's pretty damn good.

The music is messed up in terms of instrumentation, measures, among other things.

Fuck you, who gives a shit about little things like that?

Ok, the only place in my city that got Doom GBA was EB, which only got 2 copies. I got the first one! What an honor!

You do realize they keep extra inventory in the back right?
Anywaste, I was at the mall today, and none of the stores have GBA Doom yet. But EB has collector's editon. Stupid Electronics Etc. doesn't have it yet.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

I glad it's that good.... CAUSE I GOT ALL THE CONTEST PICS RIGHT AND AM OFFICIALY ENTERED IN THE DRAWINGS! HA HA. ....I doubt I'll win. Nice try though, eh?

Actually, the Software Etc in my local mall sold out of doom already. I go there ALL the time and graduated last year with half the workers, and Matt (manager) told me they had 11 copies of it come in, 4 paid reserves and out of the 7 that were for the shelf, I picked up the last one. Well spent 44 bucks (price gouging bastards, its for 39.99 on gamestop.com)

That means the missing levels are: tower of babel, slough of despair, dis, and warrens.

how exactly do you beat the game?...hit a switch?

how exactly do you beat the game?...hit a switch?

That would be my guess. Haven't got there yet. Almost done episode 2. BTW, you don't die at the end of episode 1, just like on the psx. I really hope the last level isn't Limbo. We'll see what happens. I'll let you know when I beat it.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

That means the missing levels are: tower of babel, slough of despair, dis, and warrens.

Now why the *bleep* did they delete these levels? I hope they still somehow keep a Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind in there.... an explosion of green blood? Edited animations? We'll see.

it's already been confirmed that there's no cyberdemon or spider mastermind. :( I noticed the lack of sceptres too. Oh well, they're the exact same enemy as the demon, so the game doesn't change that much.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

NOOOOOOO, DANG IT! NOOOOOO! What the heck do they DO for those missing levels? Don't they replace 'em or something?

here's what they have so far:

ep 1 - same levels
ep 2 - i'm up to halls of the damned, so far no changes. since they're the console versions, haven't gotten to fortress of mystery yet.
ep 3 - i'm up to pandemonium, they skipped slough of despair.

since ep 3 is the console version of hell keep, i'm assuming that e2m8 will be hell gate. i'll check it out. i'm working on the music right now.

the last level of episode 2 is called tower of babel. but the level is actually hell gate from the psx. cool level though.

sweet! keep us up to date on gba doom features! btw, did you try multiplay support yet? i hope it rocks!

dunno. seems they skipped "hiding the secrets". it sets off the level tracks by 1 level. btw, i'm redoing the tracks so there's much less static. some of the later tracks are awesome.

THERE'S A FUCKING BFG IN EPISODE 2!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I'd point this out.

On the contest, I'm really kicking myself in the ass right now, CUZ I KNOW THEM ALL!!!!! If I would've just waited a little while longer, I could've gotten both GBA and Doom GBA FOR FUCKING FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, I got it, it's portable, it's DOOM, that's all I care about.

the last level of episode 2 is called tower of babel. but the level is actually hell gate from the psx. cool level though.

Ya know, I was actually expecting it to be Fortress of Myster, like in the 32X version.

Oh, and that Hell Keep level, I thought the SNES version of Hell Keep was the same as the PC version.

yeah. i remember that the bfg is there in the psx version as well. it's just like a portable psx version (minus the doom 2 levels) except the doom 2 enemies aren't in ultra violence (nightmare on the gba is uv). that and the secret exit on spawning vats is gone. you must get to fortress of mystery another way...

btw crendowing, the control is much easier to use if you set it to f. you can turn on autorun in the game. the use and fire are the same buttons, however you change weapons by pressing the use button and up or down. much better than holding both l and r.

Oh, and that Hell Keep level, I thought the SNES version of Hell Keep was the same as the PC version.

yes it is. the snes version is the only version with the original hell keep, and the original levels that aren't hacked up like every other version. too bad the control sucked. you couldn't circle strafe on the snes!

BTW, have you gotten around to making the MP3 of E1M8 - I Sawed the Demons?

have it ripped, but not encoded yet. it'll be on the ftp (along with all of the other tracks redone with less static) tonite.

Elbryan42: I've got the control set to B, and it works good for me now. Sorry about bitching about it. Also, my lighting theory was right; it is better to see during the day, even in dynamic lighting.

So, to put it in a few words, GBA Doom kicks ass now.

all tracks up to e3m2 are online. much better quality than the previous ones. more on the way.