deathz0r

Petition to bring back the DW POTD

Bring back the Doomworld POTD?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back the Doomworld POTD?

• Yes
    • No

Excerpt from IRC:

[19:15] <Ralphis> The most important change I would make would be bringing the POTD back
[19:15] <Ralphis> because doomworld is empty without it
[19:15] <deathz0r> heh the POTD
[19:15] <destx> yeah potd ruled
[19:15] <deathz0r> that needs to return

Does anyone else agree?

yes, i loved potd. didn't matter that it was more like potm. :)

the potd's i remember most are the lego textured level screenshot, and fredriks drawing, which i think was the last potd before the redesign.

I remember seeing the potd before I joined the forums. I thought it was pretty cool. So yeah, I vote potd in '04

Anders said:
and fredriks drawing, which i think was the last potd before the redesign.

Aye.

We have a 'top story' feature with a picture. Which changes at about the same rate as the old POTD, so wtf is wrong with it.

OMG yay Pic of the Day. I vote for it as well.

EDIT:

Mordeth said:

We have a 'top story' feature with a picture. Which changes about the same rate as the old POTD, so wtf is wrong with it.

Um, its always a pic of some Newstuff map, which gets rather boring.

Well, not always. Sometimes it's the birthday cake pic for one reason or another.

Most of the time it's /newstuff. Interesting screenshots of unreleased projects would kick more ass than screenshots of released maps.

The POTD was kind of cute... and occasionally meaningful, but I'd say the present main article pic method is more consistent, professional and elegant. Perhaps it could be made to appear bigger in the actual article, though (it's the same size as in the front page now.)

Internet petitions never work, so by starting this petition you've therefore reduced the chances of the return of the DW POTD to zero.

It would be quite appropriate with the upcoming release of doom3 (which i pre-ordered today :) gonna get a free t-shirt too).

DW already has a POTD in the form of the top story. Though sometimes the pic isn't absolutely the greatest thing in the world, it's still a "POTD" in a sense.

Heh, I vaguely remember that. I wish they still had the java applet or whatever it was for #doom on the front page. Either way, bring back PoTD. I vaguely remember it but why not?