Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the lone crouton

Which first, SP or MP?

So when you get your paws on Doom3, salivate as it installs, what are you going to do next - dive straight into the single-player game or check out the deathmatch/MP levels?

MP is getting kind of old for me. There are maps in UT2k4 that I've yet to play. I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned single-player most of all.

I will probably get the game in the afternoon so I'll be playing MP first. I'll wait until nightfall to go through the SP game.

-E

As soon as i get it (On the 13th >_<) i'll play MP. Then at 11 or so i'll start playing SP until like 3 in the morning.

I don't really do multiplayer anymore (kinda retired from it). But if I still did, I'd still want to go through Single Player first. I'd rather have my exposure to many of the maps going through it that way. Not knowing what's up ahead both monster-wise AND terrain-wise only adds to the tension. I'd rather have the "WOW, COOL!" factor of many of the levels be in singler player as well, so I can really take time to appreciate it.

-Jomero

Single player. In fact, it may be quite a long while before I play multiplayer, if at all.

I never play id games in MP first. It spoils a multitude of weapons and other impressions within seconds! So, I will definately go through the entire SP-experience first, before having a look at the MP levels.

I probably go for for the SP first but when iam to scared to carry on i play some MP!!!! just to see the maps and then go for the SP part again

you have to complete SP before playing MP with others...maybee it's gonna raise the experience with the MP!!!! don't know maybee just some funny idea i have :)

definitely MP. I like to get a feel for the movement, controls etc. in a low-stress environment so i won't be totally incompetent when there're zombies and imps all over for the first time. playing mp first kind of builds up the anticipation for how good the SP will be.

The only disadvantage in playing MP first is that you'll get to use all the weapons right away, so when you're playing SP it'll all be like "oh, now I get THIS weapon. Weee..."

Your experience to singleplayer may be somewhat diminished if you play MP first for reasons stated above (see all the weps, terrain, items, pieces of levels/textures etc).. I personally always choose to play SP first and in a game like Doom3 where you're supposed to be 'scared', it's more fun being a newbie running around, than some god who is a master of the controls and can wipe the floor with all the monsters..

Ichor said:

Single player. In fact, it may be quite a long while before I play multiplayer, if at all.

Same here. Bring on the SP goodness....

Ditto to Doom_Dude and Ichor :) I don't want to spoil the weapons and the such for myself before I play the SP game.

I might test out the mp levels to adjust my settings before I begin the sp game. I dont have broadband so I won't be playing it at anything but a lan party (or spawning many many zomibes : )

I plan to jump straight into SP, I'll prob get the Xbox version for the multiplayer cos my brother and a few friends have xboxes so we will lan it :P

Spudz said:

definitely MP. I like to get a feel for the movement, controls etc. in a low-stress environment so i won't be totally incompetent when there're zombies and imps all over for the first time. playing mp first kind of builds up the anticipation for how good the SP will be.

don't forget that Doom3 does not have coop, so do not expect to play the solo maps in MP ...

/me will not buy doom 3 but just warez it
/me will not give money to people spitting on their fans